Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everything paid off except Direct Tv and Verizon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everything paid off except Direct Tv and Verizon

Sooo I'm pretty excited, I started with 5859 in collections and i'm down to just 1900 now. One is Direct tv unreturned equipment which i'm contacting them about, the other was a 300 dollar Verizon bill they added 700 in fees to. Is it worth disputing the Verizon debt? I understand it's past the time to send in a DV however, if possible i'd like to not pay the extra fees. The account is currently held by Jefferson Capital, should I reach out to them to settle?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Everything paid off except Direct Tv and Verizon

@Anonymous wrote:

Sooo I'm pretty excited, I started with 5859 in collections and i'm down to just 1900 now. One is Direct tv unreturned equipment which i'm contacting them about, the other was a 300 dollar Verizon bill they added 700 in fees to. Is it worth disputing the Verizon debt? I understand it's past the time to send in a DV however, if possible i'd like to not pay the extra fees. The account is currently held by Jefferson Capital, should I reach out to them to settle?

If its valid and not updating dont dispute as it will drop Fico when the status date comes current. You want to attempt the PFD with whomever is reporting this.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.