Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ex wife's address on my CR!!

tag
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

Ex wife's address on my CR!!

I've disputed and have had my ex wife's address removed twice from my credit report. It keeps coming back and showing up on my report. I have never lived at that address nor have I ever used that address for anything. This will be the third time I dispute this. It will likely show back up again. What can I do??

In my wallet: AMEX BCE $18k | AMEX ED $19.5k | AMEX EDP $10k | AMEX BCEP $10k | HEFCU $10k | Discover it $8.8k | Capital One QS $9k | Chase Freedom $4.5k | Walmart $3,200 | JCrew $2,350 | Chase Slate (AU) $22k.
Now in the garden...
Current FICO Scores: 783 (EX) | 766 (EQ) | 764 (TU)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ex wife's address on my CR!!

One of your creditors has this address in its information concerning you.  Therefore whenever you dispute to remove the info, your creditor is updating their information and adding it back to your CR.  You could attempt to contact the CRA and ask them from which lender this address is being added from, then contact them and change the information.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

One of your creditors has this address in its information concerning you.  Therefore whenever you dispute to remove the info, your creditor is updating their information and adding it back to your CR.  You could attempt to contact the CRA and ask them from which lender this address is being added from, then contact them and change the information.

+1

There's a chance its coming from a joint account you both had but she has continued to maintained 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 4
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@Shogun wrote:

+1

There's a chance its coming from a joint account you both had but she has continued to maintained 

See, but that's the problem. We have no joint accounts. My ex and I got divorced years ago (1997). This is baffling me!! All of my accounts are all new (6 months old). I have a fairly thin file.

In my wallet: AMEX BCE $18k | AMEX ED $19.5k | AMEX EDP $10k | AMEX BCEP $10k | HEFCU $10k | Discover it $8.8k | Capital One QS $9k | Chase Freedom $4.5k | Walmart $3,200 | JCrew $2,350 | Chase Slate (AU) $22k.
Now in the garden...
Current FICO Scores: 783 (EX) | 766 (EQ) | 764 (TU)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.