cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ex-wife's medical bills on my credit report!!!

tag
sobreezy
Contributor

Ex-wife's medical bills on my credit report!!!

My soldier's ex wife's medical bills were put on his CR (prior to him joining)  however his insurance didn't cover her and she never used his insurance to pay for her visits to the clinic.  I am trying to find out whether or not he has a fight as to why they shouldn't be on his CR.  thanks

MyFako scores EX 594, EQ 553, TU 589 as of 10 Jun 11
myFICO EQ 614 TU 599 EX 644
Goal 700 by March 30 2015
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Ex-wife's medical bills on my credit report!!!

@sobreezy wrote:

My soldier's ex wife's medical bills were put on his CR (prior to him joining)  however his insurance didn't cover her and she never used his insurance to pay for her visits to the clinic.  I am trying to find out whether or not he has a fight as to why they shouldn't be on his CR.  thanks

Were they completely divorced when she went to doctors? was she being treated for her medical problem before they became divorced? Those are a few questions that need to be answered.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 4
sobreezy
Contributor

From what he said these were pre existing conditions that continued when they were married and she never paid on them.

MyFako scores EX 594, EQ 553, TU 589 as of 10 Jun 11
myFICO EQ 614 TU 599 EX 644
Goal 700 by March 30 2015
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sobreezy wrote:

From what he said these were pre existing conditions that continued when they were married and she never paid on them.

If the care was rendered prior to their legal separation, he is probably liable.  Even if after the divorce, he would be liable if the divorce decree stipulated separate maintenance / medical insurance coverage.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.