Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exact Dates for Collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exact Dates for Collection

Does anybody know the exact times at which collections become less impactful on your credit score?

Is it 1 year, and your impact level goes down by x amount? 2 years? 

I'm basically trying to figure out when I can start seeing my score rebound.

I have 4 CC's with a perfect payment history and two auto loans with perfect payment history.

What about for late payments? All of my lates are from early 2013 and before. I hit a rough patch for about 4 months, and got hit on nearly every student loan account, and one line of credit for 90+. Since then, it's been perfect. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Exact Dates for Collection

There is no such animal as an exact date and no way to give specific impacts.

Scoring algoritms do not have the same effect for a given item for all consumers.  The algorithms vary depending upon all information in your file.

Additionally, the scoring algorithms are proprietary, and guarded as trade secrets, so precise inner workings are not publicly known.

Thirty and 60 day lates are generally considered as minor derogs, and lose signifcant effect within a couple of years, while higher levels of monthly delqinquency and any collections, charge-offs, and public records are major derogs that continue to have signiricant effect until they become excluded. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Exact Dates for Collection

So how is that someone who files for bankruptcy can get back into the 700's after 2 years? Is it because a bankruptcy is considered 1 derog? vs say...4-5 collections?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.