cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exactly what constitutes a revolving account?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly what constitutes a revolving account?

Are collections accounts on a credit report counted as "revolving" lines of credit?

2 out of my 3 CRs state that "AMOUNT OWED ON REVOLVING ACCOUNTS IS TOO HIGH" in the section where they provide you with your strengths and weaknesses.

(All in caps just like I quoted it, too Smiley Surprised)

This is peculiar to me because I only have open one small personal loan with a current balance of about 200 dollars.

In fact, it also states (same place) that another negative factor is that I have no open CCs!  

What is this madness?  lol  

I apologize for peppering this board with so many questions, but I need to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Exactly what constitutes a revolving account?

Welcome to the forums!!!

In FICO scoring, collections reporting a balance never factor in utilization calculations. That said, if you pulled your reports directly from the credit reporting agencies, they make all types of "crazy" remarks. And, the scores they give you are non-FICO scores. The vast majority of lenders do not uses these non-FICO scores.

In FICO scoring, not having any open CCs can have (and usually does) a negative impact on your FICO scores. Opening a couple of cards might help you out. 

Finally, please read the link below about FICO scoring.

The Son Of Credit Scoring 101

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Exactly what constitutes a revolving account?

Thank you for the warm welcome and the information, fused!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.