cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Example letter for Paid collection removal??

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Example letter for Paid collection removal??

Anyone have a letter like this?? Would be very much appreciated.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Example letter for Paid collection removal??

You would use a  G W letter.  Something short, sweet and to the point. Keep it simple.Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would keep in mind that a request for deletion of reporting based on payment of the debt is asking them to take an action that is directly contrary to their credit reporting agreement with the CRA, which states that a furnisher of information is not to delete reporting based on payment of the debt.

So dont get into the issue, such as by even raising its legality.  Let that dawg sleep.  Sometimes ommission is the better course.

Message 3 of 5
Booner72
Senior Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

I would keep in mind that a request for deletion of reporting based on payment of the debt is asking them to take an action that is directly contrary to their credit reporting agreement with the CRA, which states that a furnisher of information is not to delete reporting based on payment of the debt.

So dont get into the issue, such as by even raising its legality.  Let that dawg sleep.  Sometimes ommission is the better course.

yes but the agreement doesn't state they are required to report anything, only that what they report must be accurate.  Not sure why you are bashing the GW letter since the MYFICO forum promotes the GW letter.  ??

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 4 of 5
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

@Booner72 wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

yes but the agreement doesn't state they are required to report anything, only that what they report must be accurate.  Not sure why you are bashing the GW letter since the MYFICO forum promotes the GW letter.  ??

Booner, I dont think roberteg is bashing anything. He was just letting the OP know, what I forgot to mention in my post...

That by sending a GW letter there's no guarantee for a delete, because the CRA's and the CA's have an agreement to not delete because of payment.

So the bottom line is....sometimes GW letters work and sometimes they don't. But always worth a try.Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.