Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exhausted all efforts...

tag
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Exhausted all efforts...

I have exhausted every suggestion to remove some paid medicals.  These are 2 years old, prior to finding myFICO I called the OC and paid them in full.  These had already been turned over to collections.  I have GW'd the CA to death, every email address I can email!  I have also GW'd the OC several times asking them to recall these.  No one will help me.  I have read mixed info on trying to DV these and also mixed info on trying to dispute them.  Am I really stuck with these???

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: Exhausted all efforts...

WHO exactly did you pay?  The OC or the CA? 

If you paid the CA and they aren't budging with goodwills.....you are probably stuck with them.  I have two myself, but they havent' caused me any harm on recent app's, and mine are both one year old.

Message 2 of 20
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@fishbjc wrote:

WHO exactly did you pay?  The OC or the CA? 

If you paid the CA and they aren't budging with goodwills.....you are probably stuck with them.  I have two myself, but they havent' caused me any harm on recent app's, and mine are both one year old.

+1 some CA's are like that. Good thing is that when your credit report is manually reviewed those paid collections will look better than unpaid. 

Message 3 of 20
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I paid the OC.  In full by phone, payments cleared.

These are a little over 2 years old so they were already with the collection agency.  I did not pay the CA.

The CA reported them as paid, which according to the EQ report here on myFICO they are still showing a balance.  I think TU shows them as paid tho.

I have emailed and called the collection agency asking for GW and they refuse to budge.  I have also talked to the OC and asked them to recall them since they are paid and since I paid them directly but they too refuse to recall them.

I just want these stinking things gone.

Message 4 of 20
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Did the OC sold the debt to the CA? If they did they were not suppose to accept payment, big no no. If the CA had collection authority then the OC simply told them they received the payment and the CA just updated their TL showing paid. Once the debt is paid they can not recall the account from the CA as their is not outstanding debt. 

Message 5 of 20
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I know these bills were from services during 2011.  I didn't pay the bills and they sent them to central states recovery collection agency.  Fast forward March 2013... I called the OC, a hospital, and paid them in full for all three accounts with my checking card.  Payment cleared.  They said they would let the CA know they were paid so they could update them as having a $0 balance.  Then I found these forums and learned. 

On TU they do show a $0 balance. But the EQ from here on myFICO still shows a balance, the report is recent from 09/2013.

I have email repeatedly to the CA asking for GW.  I have aslo asked over the phone several times, they refuse.

I have also emailed and called the OC to ask them to recall them and they too refuse.

This is all the info I can give.  I don't know if they were sold to the CA or if the CA is hired or what the situation is there. 

Message 6 of 20
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@Shellie wrote:

I know these bills were from services during 2011.  I didn't pay the bills and they sent them to central states recovery collection agency.  Fast forward March 2013... I called the OC, a hospital, and paid them in full for all three accounts with my checking card.  Payment cleared.  They said they would let the CA know they were paid so they could update them as having a $0 balance.  Then I found these forums and learned. 

On TU they do show a $0 balance. But the EQ from here on myFICO still shows a balance, the report is recent from 09/2013.

I have email repeatedly to the CA asking for GW.  I have aslo asked over the phone several times, they refuse.

I have also emailed and called the OC to ask them to recall them and they too refuse. There is no more debt to be recalled from the CA, so I can see where they stand on that. Future reference is to talk to the OC first ask if they can recall the account back from the CA, if they can then the CA has to delete their TL. You are asking the OC to recall a debt that does not exist anymore. 

This is all the info I can give.  I don't know if they were sold to the CA or if the CA is hired or what the situation is there. 

Message 7 of 20
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Yes, I learned all that after I paid them, unfortunately.

I only have 3 more medicals to pay and luckily I now know how to hopefully get them removed.

I just don't want to get stuck with these 3 paids.  I know they show paid but I just want them gone.

Message 8 of 20
Shellie
Valued Contributor

And the OC said they won't recall because they are so old.  She said they might have recalled had it been a month or two since they had been sent to the CA but since it was 2 years they just wont do that.

Message 9 of 20
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Unfortunately there is no way for them to be removed now. They will remain until the CRTP has expired on them. 

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.