Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian CR all messed up

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian CR all messed up

Recently applied for a VentureOne and got a denial. Thought that was weird as I have 2 other Cap1 cards in good standing and paid multiple times per month, never paying interest. Anyway, I got the letter from Cap1 in email stating their decision was based on Experian CR. I request a copy of that report, finally receive it and its all out of whack. Not only are there accounts that have been deleted from the other CRAs but they include a judgement that doesnt even belong to me. Currently in the dispute process but its frustrating. Cap1 wont reconsider even though my EQ and TU reports are much cleaner and scores are 60pts higher than the EX. I track with my Cap1 and CK fico/fako access.

I thought that if one CRA removes a tradeline they tell the others and they too remove those accounts? Anyone else have issue with Experian specifically?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian CR all messed up

I monitor with Experian and Equifax and I have to say that Experian tends to report first and update often.  I have no complaints with either bureau.  I didn't care much for TU because they provide a vantage score and not FICO..  I have been In situations where I have disputed items on my report and it seems like forever before corrections are made, but every one of my issues were resolved.  It takes time though.  Hang in there and sorry about your denial.

Message 2 of 4
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Recently applied for a VentureOne and got a denial. Thought that was weird as I have 2 other Cap1 cards in good standing and paid multiple times per month, never paying interest. Anyway, I got the letter from Cap1 in email stating their decision was based on Experian CR. I request a copy of that report, finally receive it and its all out of whack. Not only are there accounts that have been deleted from the other CRAs but they include a judgement that doesnt even belong to me. Currently in the dispute process but its frustrating. Cap1 wont reconsider even though my EQ and TU reports are much cleaner and scores are 60pts higher than the EX. I track with my Cap1 and CK fico/fako access.

I thought that if one CRA removes a tradeline they tell the others and they too remove those accounts? Anyone else have issue with Experian specifically?

Nope sorry the CRA don't "talk" to each other like that. if you have inaccurate information on your reports you have to dispute with each CRA you can't just assume because you disputed something with TU and had it removed that it is also removed from the others. the original creditor can have a tradeline removed from all 3 but TU can't tell EX to remove a tradeline.

I will say that from my experience EX likes to hold onto negative accounts more than the others (was the last one to get "clean") but this is a YMMV type of situation.

Message 3 of 4
GameMaster1564
New Contributor

I was declied for a capital one card recently and on the denial letter, the reason was for my Experian report only. On TU and EQ, I have had two Captial One charge offs completely removed, but they were still reporting on the Experian report. I have made a thread about this here: 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Capital-One-Deleted-Unpaid-Charge-Offs-JDBs-S...

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.