Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian - Dispute Comment Removal

tag
blunderer
Established Contributor

Experian - Dispute Comment Removal

Greetings,

Just wanted to provide a valid number for Experian that I called and was able to have a dispute comment removed.  I called a toll free number obtained from this forum, 800-360-7580.  The automated system asked for my report number then the last four of my SSN.  Then I was able to select an option to speak to a live person.  I after a brief 1 minute wait I had a live representative on the line!  (NOTE: I did call 5mins after they opened).  I stated I would like to have the dispute comment removed from a particular account.  The csr looked it up, verified the account information and asked if I agreed with what was showing, I replied I did not but would like the comment removed because I'm not disputing the information at this time.  She politely informed me the information would be removed within 24 to 72 hours and asked if I'd like to receive a copy once it was update and of course I said, "YES!".  I received the notification that the request was completed less than 24hrs later along with an updated copy of my report.

FYI- I used a report number that was 3 months old.  Why?  Because that was the last report I had and I just realized the account in questioned was not being calculated in my number of open accounts or in my available credit limit.

I hope this helps someone.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

Re: Experian - Dispute Comment Removal

Can you see if there are dispute comments when you log-in to myfico? Is there a notation?

Starting Score: FICO TU 591 FICO EX 581 FICO EQ 555
Current Score: FICO TU 662 FICO EX 652 FICO EQ 643
Goal Score: 700 CLUB

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU nRewards $20K Cap1 Secured $500 NFCU LOC $15K TJX $250 BOA $500
Message 2 of 6
Hannahsmom

Thanks so muchSmiley Happy Going to need this # soon!

STARTING: EX-515 TU-570
Message 3 of 6
patelneil

Sorry if this is a stupid question but why would you want to remove a dispute comment?

Message 4 of 6
CAnNY
Frequent Contributor

You want to have dispute comments removed because mortgage lenders will require it be removed. Plus it increases your score I think slight because of that notation. Regardless it's mostly for lenders to approve your loan.

Starting Score: TU 489 EQ 561 EX unknown (2/24/2013)
Current Score: Lender Pull (11/15/13) EQ 702, TU 679, EX 684
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
blunderer
Established Contributor

patelneil - no such thing as a stupid question Smiley Wink

While some do it because it's sometimes required when applying for a mortgage, I did it because I realized the account was not being factored into my total number of open accounts nor was it included in the total amount  for my credit limit.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.