Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Dispute letter

tag
16paws
Valued Member

Experian Dispute letter

Good Evening All....Can anyone tell me where I might find an Experian Dispute letter on here?  (if one exists)  I went to Experian's site, and they only offer online that I could see - I couldn't find a letter to print out and mail...Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Experian Dispute letter

There are many reasons for disputting.  Are you disputing owing a debt, incorrect reporting by an OC or CA, actions taken by the CRA, etc., etc.

Dispute letters are, by their nature, tailored to the specifics. 

The opening line of a dispute letter, for example, should specify the section of the FCRA upon which the dispute is based, and the incorrect/incomplete information that forms the factual basis for the dispute. 

If you provide the basis of the dispute, then help can be offered on how to word the dispute.

Message 2 of 3
16paws
Valued Member

Re: Experian Dispute letter

Thank you for your reply...I should have put dispute form, rather than letter.   Equifax had a form letter you could just print out and complete the pre-filled questions, as did TransUnion, Experian, however, has nothing but online disputes that I could find.  So I should just write a letter.  disputes are for lates that should not be lates and a collection account that should not be.  I didn't want to do online because you can't attach documents to substantiate the dispute.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.