Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Drop Dates

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian Drop Dates

I filed an online dispute for an item scheduled to fall off Feb. 2017 and as of this writing Experian is still showing the item. Their own report says this should drop Feb. 2017! I have not received a response nor did my initial dispute trigger a confirmation or acknowledgement email. TU & Equifax have both automatically removed the item.

I'm not sure what the next step should be I will wait until Feb. closes out and write to them formally to have this removed if it remains. In any written dispute send it certified or priority mail & keep a record of your dispute timeline.

OK - my first date of delinqency was May 2009. The latest Experian credit reports also states the account "...is scheduled to continue on record until Feb 2017."

So with my information when will Experian officially remove the derogatory account from the credit report?

To date it's still reporting.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian Drop Dates

It will probably fall off end of the month/early next month, but you might be able to call them and speak to someone about it. They can sometimes go ahead and remove things that are close to falling off. I had them remove something a couple of months early. Just depends on who you get on the phone. Good luck! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

DOFD is only used to determine the exclusion date of a reported collection or charge-off.

The FCRA requires exclusion no later than 7 years plus 180 days, so there is no basis for a dispute of the lack of exclusion of a CO or collection until the full 7 years plus 180 days has expired.

What is the specific adverse item that is subject to exclusion?

The CRAs normally base their estimate exclusion ("drop") date for a CO or collection at 7 years from the reported DOFD.

They thus already include their own early exclusion of 6 months.

A dispute asserting lack of exclusion of a CO or collection that has not yet reached the full 7 years plus 180 days lacks any basis for asserted inaccuracy, and can be dismissed by the CRA without any requried reinvestigation as being "frivolous or irrelevant."

I would assume that, in the posted scenario, the reported DOFD is 02/2000, which results in a required exclusion of any reported CO or collection no later than 08/2017.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally, Experian dropped the account on the last Saturday of Feb. 2017 so it did come off in Feb. as stated on the credit report.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.