cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian EE, no luck :( Advice requested!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian EE, no luck :( Advice requested!!

I guess I am one of the people who have no luck with getting an early exclusion with Experian. It is disappointing to say the least.

A charge off(with a balance of $306) listed on DH reports has a DOFD on 6/2010. On EX report it says it will stay on until 3/2017.

I have called 10 times and keep getting told the earliest they can remove is the date listed, 3/2017. They say that this date is considered an early exclusion. TU deleted already and of course I am not attempting EQ this early.

Is this the same for anyone else? Or is EX removing earlier than the "fall off date" listed on their reports?

DH wants to finance a car and this is his only baddie. I think it would boost him significantly with it being deleted. Should I keep calling or ask for a supervisor(respectfully?) Does asking a supervisor really get the job done?

Thanks!!
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
nmjacobs
Contributor

Re: Experian EE, no luck :( Advice requested!!

I got 3 judgements and 2 collections EE from EX last year. I disputed online.

Your post gives the impression that you have called but only talked with a frontline CSR. You need to talk with a supervisor if you are going to dispute on the phone.

In my online dispute I simply said that the account was obsolete and requested deletion.
Message 2 of 14
nmjacobs
Contributor

Oh, and all the accounts were 3 months - several years from falling off.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

nmjacobs, I tried the online method first.

Saying too old to be on file or an equivalent response. Came back verified.

Yes, I have yet to bypass a frontline CSR. Next call I make I will be requesting a supervisor.

Thanks for your response.
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

The reason I am opting for an over the phone deletion is due to the up to 30 day response time with online disputes.

Which when I did the online method they took a full 25 days to respond!
Message 5 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

All you can do is try, it looks like they have already scheduled the EE as 7 years would be in June and thats the normal time that they remove the item, they dont let it go the full 7.5 years to be sure they stay within the law.

Message 6 of 14
tiffjtiffj
Contributor

Politely listen to the CSR and then ask to speak to the Supervisor - they will remove it.

Current EQ 634 TU08 670 EX 627
Garden: Take #25 (2017 - ouch)
2017 Goals: Citi Premier
Message 7 of 14
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

It's going to fall off next month, right? 

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, March 23rd. We need a vehicle now unfortunately.

I called again, for the 11th time. Spoke to a supervisor and AGAIN was told they cannot remove it until March 23rd. Ughhh. Guess we will be getting a crappier APR he is sitting at a 631 with EX, which is who our CU pulls.

His EQ is worse and TU is the best for scores and the entirety of the files.
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't you rent a car for a month? Enterprise seems pretty cheap.  Probably get one for around 600 a month if you bargained. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.