Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Early Deletion - Midland Funding

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian Early Deletion - Midland Funding

Saw a post this afternoon about early deletions and got up the nerve to contact Experian regarding a Midland Funding CA for 347.00.  I simply asked when it was scheduled to come off and they told me Dec. 25, 2014 (which I already knew), then asked if it I could get an early deletion since Im so close.  Rep said yes and that it would take 24 to 72 hours for the deletion to take place.  Received an email from experian not even an hour later stating that the accout was deleted.  YAY!!

Tried to do the same with Equifax.  Not sure why, but Equifax said that the same account was scheduled to come off in March, 2015.  They would not agree to an early deletion.

Transunion had already deleted the account after an onlne dispute!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Experian Early Deletion - Midland Funding

The maximum statutory date after which the CRA MUST esclude any collection or charge-off is the same.... 7 years plus 180 days from the DOFD on the OC account.

Each CRA can elect to exclude at an earlier date, and usually do so at aroung 7 years.  Thus, you get a variance in expected or estimated exclusion dates between the CRAs.

It takes additonal time and efffoft to do an earlier exclusion, so they might decline simply to discorage such requests.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian Early Deletion - Midland Funding

Thanks!  Would it be worth it for me to continue to request the early exclusion from Equifax?  Maybe call every other day?

Very anxious to get my scores up to purchase a home...

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.