Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Early Deletion - Thank God!!

tag
securingourfuture
Established Contributor

Experian Early Deletion - Thank God!!

I have been fighting the devil since March - you know it as Midland Credit Management.  I first tried a GW letter for the removal of a debt that was paid off in 2012 and due to fall off in Dec 2015.  No dice.  Then when I pulled some forms, I realized that the DoFD was actually 9/2008.  I disputed with Experian (the only CRA reporting this) on 3 different occasions.  The first time, Experian disputed the date as 6/2008.  The second time, they disputed the correct date of 9/2008, but did not attach my docs.  And this time, they claimed that First Bank of Delaware (Imagine Mastercard) confirmed the 12/2008 DoFD date even after viewing my docs.  Luckily, I was blessed to get the right rep on the phone at Experian (Paola or Paula).  I got the email saying my file was updated by Experian, but I don't know what was updated - she confirmed that the 12/2015 deletion date would stay.  I told her I know the date is wrong but "it is what it is".  As I was about to hang up (and accept defeat), she told me to "hold on while I check some information on this account for you".  She came back 2 minutes later and said "I can remove this account for you today".  Of course, I thanked her (and confirmed her as the Queen of the Day).  She asked for my email address so that I can be notified when the deletion is completed in 24-72 hours.  I can't believe this fight is over - thank You God!!!

Hope this gives someone hope!!!

ETA: DONE DEAL!!

MCM.jpg

8/22/18: BK7 filed EXP 490 TU 430 EQ 429
11/28/18: BK7 discharged EXP 586 TU 578 EQ 527
06/08/21: EXP 656 TU 643 EQ 701
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Experian Early Deletion - Thank God!!

@securingourfuture wrote:

I have been fighting the devil since March - you know it as Midland Credit Management.  I first tried a GW letter for the removal of a debt that was paid off in 2012 and due to fall off in Dec 2015.  No dice.  Then when I pulled some forms, I realized that the DoFD was actually 9/2008.  I disputed with Experian (the only CRA reporting this) on 3 different occasions.  The first time, Experian disputed the date as 6/2008.  The second time, they disputed the correct date of 9/2008, but did not attach my docs.  And this time, they claimed that First Bank of Delaware (Imagine Mastercard) confirmed the 12/2008 DoFD date even after viewing my docs.  Luckily, I was blessed to get the right rep on the phone at Experian (Paola or Paula).  I got the email saying my file was updated by Experian, but I don't know what was updated - she confirmed that the 12/2015 deletion date would stay.  I told her I know the date is wrong but "it is what it is".  As I was about to hang up (and accept defeat), she told me to "hold on while I check some information on this account for you".  She came back 2 minutes later and said "I can remove this account for you today".  Of course, I thanked her (and confirmed her as the Queen of the Day).  She asked for my email address so that I can be notified when the deletion is completed in 24-72 hours.  I can't believe this fight is over - thank You God!!!

Hope this gives someone hope!!!

Grats on your good luck  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 14
securingourfuture
Established Contributor

Thank you gdale!

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I have had some trouble getting MCM off my report scheduled to fall off 8/15 and 11/15 for the two.

Glad you had such great luck!

Message 4 of 14
securingourfuture
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! I have had some trouble getting MCM off my report scheduled to fall off 8/15 and 11/15 for the two.

Glad you had such great luck!

Thank you.

Yes, they were a thorn in my side.  I just disputed and disputed, and the angels showed me some love.  Do you think you could get an early deletion on that 8/15 one?  Maybe even the 11/15 one at the end of the month?

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm dealing with these same people. I have put in disputes for these to be removed. On credit karma I got a notification that it was removed, but I'm not sure how true that may be since I haven't gotten any kind of notification from Equafax as of yet. I've also put in disputes with TU haven't started EX yet.  But those people are the worst at MCM. So am I able to just call the CRAs to ask for an early deletion?

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I will try the August and November to see what they say.  They have been tough, but I just want them to say YES.

TU is great at exactly 6 months, they will remove early! EX seems to be starting to give some love to folks.

Message 7 of 14
securingourfuture
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm dealing with these same people. I have put in disputes for these to be removed. On credit karma I got a notification that it was removed, but I'm not sure how true that may be since I haven't gotten any kind of notification from Equafax as of yet. I've also put in disputes with TU haven't started EX yet.  But those people are the worst at MCM. So am I able to just call the CRAs to ask for an early deletion?

Yeah I hate them.  On my end, TU and EQ deleted them at least a year ago without any requests.  Maybe I was in a cleanup mode and disputed a bunch of stuff at once.  EXP was the only one still showing it even though it had not been updated since 2012.  Try to call the CRAs directly for a deletion if you are just a few months away.  I was about 6 months out, but I had disputed 3x.

Message 8 of 14
securingourfuture
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think I will try the August and November to see what they say.  They have been tough, but I just want them to say YES.

TU is great at exactly 6 months, they will remove early! EX seems to be starting to give some love to folks.

Yeah - sometimes you get just the right person too.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU just updated my December early exclusion and I now have a YELLOW score on my dashboard! YUP

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.