Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Early Exclusion Success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian Early Exclusion Success

From what I have read and my experience it depends on the CRA.  It was never on Transunion so I didn't have to call them.  EX I called and asked when it was scheduled to come off (my CR said July 2015) and she removed it in April 2015.  EQ says the date to come off is October 2015 and they can't do it earlier.  It really seems to be a gamble. 

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, thanks.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Rebuilding69 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My husband and I are wanting to buy a home this summer, as I scrolled through my CR's I noticed on EX and EQ that I had a collection for $4,000.  This is not showing up on TR.  It shows that it is scheduled to be removed July 2015.  After reading through posts here about early exclusion, I decided to give it a try.  If they said no, I wouldn't be out anything.  I called the number on my credit report, 800-493-1058 and entered my report number and then pressed 0.  I was connected to a person and said I was calling to find out when an item was going to be removed from my report.  She asked for the information and said we can remove this today.  I never asked for the early exclusion, she just offered it.  It was due to come off in July so that's 2-3 months early.  Now, I just need to call EQ, I'll report back with my success. 

Good job, I will caution you just because they are excluded doesnt mean a mortgage lender wont find out about them a lot ask for a list of unreported unpaid debt and since its not actually deleted from the file a "full factual" report will cause it to show, a full factual report can be run on any loans over 150K and employment over 75K/Yr. Just a heads up for you. You might want to actually settle it once it can no longer be reported, settlement offer could be as low as 10%.

Welcome to My Fico Smiley Happy

Is there a way for "us little people" to get ahold of the full factual reports, so we can pay any items that slipped through the cracks & was deleted after 7+ years?

Other than going to a mortgage lender & having them ask "whats this? hmmm?

I'd love to know if there's anything I'm missing, and need to pay up on. I want to be 100% clean.

While the law certainly provides for these "full factual" reports, the truth is that the lending industry simply doesn't seem to have the slightest interest in using them. In the 7 months I've been participating in this forum, there has not been one single person come here and say "help me, my lender pulled a full factual report and found blah, blah, blah, what should I do?"

Yes, FCRA provides for such reports, but virtually no one actually uses them. The additional costs incurred for such a report are probably the biggest reason.

I agree with Norman. I know someone who worked at Wells Fargo in mortgage origination. They told me they never pulled "full factual reports." They're simply too expensive. 

Message 13 of 14
rockbttm442
Frequent Contributor

EQ rarely deletes early. If they do you probably found some feeling generous or quitting their job soon. 

Cap 1 QS1 - $3300, Kemba CU - $500, Chase Freedom - $500, Sears MC - $751, Sears - $2000, Hot Topic - $1230, Grismer - $1200, Target - $1800, Walmart - $200, Home Depot - $500, Discover IT Chrome - $7000, Chase Sapphire Preferred - $5000
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.