cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Early Removal Success - However Old Mortgage Account Re-Appeared?

tag
New_Beginning
Frequent Contributor

Experian Early Removal Success - However Old Mortgage Account Re-Appeared?

Good News...I was able to get 2 CO's scheduled to be removed next month removed today. Got the email and link to pull fresh report and the 2 CO's are gone. 2 down only 2 more CO's to go. Smiley Happy

However I did notice an old mortgage account that wasn't there has been placed back on my report. Saxon Mortgage was removed without my asking some time ago last year is now back. I've checked TU and EQ and neither put it back there, it is scheduled to come off permanently 2017, is it common practice for old accounts to re-appear? I thought Saxon was no more? There are several lates with this account 30 and 60 days from 2009/ 2010...should I try to gw if so if the company is no more where should I send the gw? Any advice is welcomed!

Thanks!!!

Starting Score: EQ 615 (MyFICO) TU 588 (Walmart) EX 576 (EX Website) Started this journey 06/26/2014
Current Score: EQ 710 (MyFICO) TU 673 (Walmart) TU 726 (MyFICO) EX 706 (MyFICO) As of Sep 2015
Goal Score: 750 or higher across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Experian Early Removal Success - However Old Mortgage Account Re-Appeared?

@New_Beginning wrote:

Good News...I was able to get 2 CO's scheduled to be removed next month removed today. Got the email and link to pull fresh report and the 2 CO's are gone. 2 down only 2 more CO's to go. Smiley Happy

However I did notice an old mortgage account that wasn't there has been placed back on my report. Saxon Mortgage was removed without my asking some time ago last year is now back. I've checked TU and EQ and neither put it back there, it is scheduled to come off permanently 2017, is it common practice for old accounts to re-appear? I thought Saxon was no more? There are several lates with this account 30 and 60 days from 2009/ 2010...should I try to gw if so if the company is no more where should I send the gw? Any advice is welcomed!

Thanks!!!

If you had successfully disputed it off they would have to prove by compelling evidence to the CRA their case for reinsertion and they would also have to notify you that they were going to do so. If it just disappeared and then came back there is nothing wrong with that, its possible you are doing so well that they were notified of your progress from the CRAs so they decided to try and force you to deal with them., its an uhly tactic but it is legal. By re-reporting they drop your Fico score as it looks like it just happened in the eyes of Fico. I would send GW letters directly to the office of the CEO. They have to be in existence to report so you would send them either to the CEO or the address on your credit report for them.

Message 2 of 3
New_Beginning
Frequent Contributor

Re: Experian Early Removal Success - However Old Mortgage Account Re-Appeared?

@gdale6 wrote:

@New_Beginning wrote:

Thanks!!!

If you had successfully disputed it off they would have to prove by compelling evidence to the CRA their case for reinsertion and they would also have to notify you that they were going to do so. If it just disappeared and then came back there is nothing wrong with that, its possible you are doing so well that they were notified of your progress from the CRAs so they decided to try and force you to deal with them., its an uhly tactic but it is legal. By re-reporting they drop your Fico score as it looks like it just happened in the eyes of Fico. I would send GW letters directly to the office of the CEO. They have to be in existence to report so you would send them either to the CEO or the address on your credit report for them.

No I never disputed it off as it the account was transfered to another mortgage company, so I don't owe them anything. The last report date is listed as 04/2012 with a $0 balance, so it is not even a new reporting. I will try the gw route....thanks for your reply!

Starting Score: EQ 615 (MyFICO) TU 588 (Walmart) EX 576 (EX Website) Started this journey 06/26/2014
Current Score: EQ 710 (MyFICO) TU 673 (Walmart) TU 726 (MyFICO) EX 706 (MyFICO) As of Sep 2015
Goal Score: 750 or higher across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.