Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Early deletion

tag
Newstart122014
New Contributor

Experian Early deletion

Help! I called Experian today and was told that my request to delete an account thats scheduled for deletion 11/2015 can not be deleted any earlier...soI didnt get upset, I played along. Then the rep tells me to call back mid-August (yes next month) and ask then...I said "Oh ok"...

so my question is did I say or do something wrong? When exactly am I suppose to calculate for deletion?

From which date? 

Starting Score: 570
Current Score: 665
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Experian Early deletion

The specific statutory date after which the CRA must exclude depends upon the type of derog.

The periods are all summarized in FCRA 605(a).

Thus, you can determine the max exclusion date by knowing the type of derog, then getting the exclusion date from section 605(a).

There are no rules for early exclusion.  It is purely discretionary on the part of the CRAs.

They already, for example, grant their own, regular early exclusion for charge-offs and collections, which they usually exclude at 7 years from DOFD, while the statutory max is up to 7 years plus 180 days.

Message 2 of 3
Outdoorstech1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Experian Early deletion

@RobertEG wrote:

The specific statutory date after which the CRA must exclude depends upon the type of derog.

The periods are all summarized in FCRA 605(a).

Thus, you can determine the max exclusion date by knowing the type of derog, then getting the exclusion date from section 605(a).

There are no rules for early exclusion.  It is purely discretionary on the part of the CRAs.

They already, for example, grant their own, regular early exclusion for charge-offs and collections, which they usually exclude at 7 years from DOFD, while the statutory max is up to 7 years plus 180 days.

Good Info! 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.