Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian FICO 60-70 Points Lower Than EQ and TU FICO

tag
fairclok
Contributor

Experian FICO 60-70 Points Lower Than EQ and TU FICO

I've been rebuilding thanks to this forum for almost a year now.   From high 500s/low 600s to pretty good scores for EQ (743) and TU (735).    All Thanks ot this forum.

I pulled my EX FICO and it is 677.

I created an excel spreadsheet to figure out what is going on.   I no longer have any collections or judgements on my report.      All accounts show up on all 3 reports.  

Same 2 accounts flagged as Negative on all 3 reports.

1.)  Credit Card - It has major derogatories, but they all are the same on all 3 reports (last one was in 2007)

2.)  Student Loan -  I had a 30 and 60 day late report in 2011.   All 3 report the same on this.    

-----This is where it differes.   For the student loan I have the this under the 7 year account history.

Experian Transunion Equifax
3, 30 (May 2011) 1, 30 (May 2011) 1, 30 (May 2011)
3, 60 (June (2011) 1 ,60 (May 2011) 1, 30 (May 2011)
2, 90 (Feb 2007)    

Could this be what is causing the huge difference?     All other data points are the same in my spreadsheet across all 3 reports. 

If yes, my concern is I know I had been late back in 2007 and before.   Given I don't know for sure, I"m afraid to DV because it could go either way.    I'm afraid they might come back and say TU and EQ are the same as EX    or   for all I know the TU and EQ are correct and they will fix EX.

I'm nervous, because we are about to refinance and my scores need to be above 700.     

Anybody have any thoughts or advice on how I should deal with this?     

Thanks in advance.

Starting Score: Sept. 2012 EX FAKO 560; EQ FICO 590; TU FICO 576
2015 Score: Dec 2016 EX FICO 800; EQ FICO 790; TU FICO 810
Goal Score Met 2018: 825 or better on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
fairclok
Contributor

Re: Experian FICO 60-70 Points Lower Than EQ and TU FICO

just thought I'd see if anybody had some advice on the above.

Thanks.

Message 2 of 16
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Yes, the major derogatory on EX could be the reason it is lower.

You cannot DV an OC, only a collection agency.

At this point, I would not do anything with it.

Message 3 of 16
cqdealer711
Frequent Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

You could always GW them and ask them to remove the lates.....  Explain that your one report is showing a lot more derogatory lates, ask them if they will GW all the lates to match or all the lates in general. Its definately worth the shot.

Starting FICO Score: 10/1/12--EQ 512 | TU 492 | EX 524
Current FICO Score: 2/22/14--EQ 705 | TU 703 | EX 716
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 16
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@cqdealer711 wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

You could always GW them and ask them to remove the lates.....  Explain that your one report is showing a lot more derogatory lates, ask them if they will GW all the lates to match or all the lates in general. Its definately worth the shot.

He is going to be applying for a refinance.  Not a good idea this close.  They could start reporting the same to the other CRAs

So I stand by not doing anything at this point unless he wants to take that chance.

Message 5 of 16
fairclok
Contributor

I tend to agree with Guiness.   I don't want to poke the bear and have them add lates to EQ and TU and bring those scores down.    Its unfortunate that I'm not positive which is reporting correctly.    

Given I have a 677 on EX FICO.     I need to get it to 700.    I have 1% Utilization across my cards.     1 student loan.   Original Balance $13k....Current Balance $14k (it was in forebearance last year).    

Guiness........If I paid the student loan down to $1k, would the decrease in installment loan utilization have enough of an impact to reach my goal?     I know it is not as big as CC utiliztion.

Message 6 of 16
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Installment loan utilization is only around 10% of your score.  But you may see an increase if you pay 13K.  I just don't know if it would give you 23 points.   

Do any of your cards report 0 balances or do you carry a balance on all of them?

When are going to refinance?

Message 7 of 16
cqdealer711
Frequent Contributor

by asking them to remove all lates from reporting?  They arent going to magically be like " oh we didnt report correctly on Experian, so lets just add that in there."  They wouldnt even know they would just send a UDF to all 3 bureaus reporting "ok" for all, right?

Starting FICO Score: 10/1/12--EQ 512 | TU 492 | EX 524
Current FICO Score: 2/22/14--EQ 705 | TU 703 | EX 716
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 16
fairclok
Contributor

My cards all report $0, except 1 which I keep at about 1-2% utilization.        I've done the test for me.   If just 1 of my $0 dollar cards reports a balance (now I would have 2 cards with a balance, my EQ drops 5 points and my TU drop 7 points.      I've tested this 3 times in the last 6 monhts.   Same results every time.     Once i'm back to 1 card with a balance the points go right back up.

We are planning to refinance asap.    I was all ready to go until the EX FICO came to MyFico.    I wasn't expecting such a low score when I purchased it compared to my other FICOs and my EX FAKO.    

Message 9 of 16
guiness56
Epic Contributor

When you ask for a GW they would review the account.  If they see they have not reported a series of lates to all 3 CRAs they possibly could.  It happens all the time.

Sometimes, all GWs are treated as a dispute.  A dispute comment would not be good.

I am just saying wait until after the refi.  Any thing done now, GW or not, could jeopardize his scores.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.