Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Investigations

tag
CreditStudent1981
Valued Member

Experian Investigations

Quick question for those who are knowledable on this subject. If Experian was forced to investigate (by my states AG) two TL's on my report over 45 days ago and have not furnished any results to date, what are my options? I sent them a letter, copying my AG's office reminding them that it has been over 45 days since the commencement of this investigation and requested deletion. Should I sue? If I choose this route, I assume that I should find a lawyer that specializes in willful noncompliance?

Chase Freedom ($700), PFCU ($4k), Capital One ($750), Sears/CapitalOneJr. ($420)

Gardening until scores hit 700.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Experian Investigations

This shouldn't be a state issue, but rather federal via the FCRA. Some states passed laws prior to the FCRA. What state do you live in?
Message 2 of 3
CreditStudent1981
Valued Member

Re: Experian Investigations

I used to live in PA ( 4 months ago at this point) when I was referred to/opened this case with the PA AG's office regarding my issue. Since then I moved over to NJ.
Chase Freedom ($700), PFCU ($4k), Capital One ($750), Sears/CapitalOneJr. ($420)

Gardening until scores hit 700.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.