cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Mailing address and dispute question...

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Experian Mailing address and dispute question...

I was on experian's site, and can't seem to find a mailing address.  After a search, the one I came up with is this: 

EXPERIAN
PO BOX 9701
ALLEN TX 75013-9701

Can anyone verify this is current?

Also, I see a public record on my report dating back to 1997--a paid tax lien after an audit.  Am I assuming  correctly that this shouldn't be on there?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Experian Mailing address and dispute question...

I don't have an EX report in front of me, but they do use a PO Box and they are based in TX. Allen sounds familiar too.

Per the lien, they are a bit nasty in that the CRTP clock doesn't start ticking until paid and then it's 10 yrs from that point.

Message 2 of 6
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Some CRA's have different addresses for different issues like obtaining a CR,fraud unit or disputing something.

Also I just read last month, about the IRS new rules reporting to the CRA's

Check your pm's sending you an article,from last week.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

As a loan officer, we use this address. I've also included the phone number:

888-397-3742

Experian

P.O. Box 2002

Allen, TX 75013

Message 4 of 6
clemente21
Valued Member

LIGHTNIN Could you also PM me that article?  Thank you.

2/18/2010 - EQ: ??? TU: ??? EX: 509 (pulled by employer)
2/10/2011 - EQ: 586 TU: 601 EX: 549 (FAKO)
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I'm in the process of repairing my credit and husbands.  I saw your post about the Exp. mailing address and I was wondering if you could help me.  I sent letters to all 3 bureaus but I just found out that they may have more than one credit file.  I had to have them combined to have a successful investigation.   How does this happen under one social?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.