Established Contributor
glamchick

Experian Score... I got mine through experian

Why are people saying on here u can no longer get your experian score?

I received mine from experiandirect.com

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 589/598
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
MamboItaliano

Re: Experian Score... I got mine through experian

Because that's a FAKO, not a FICO. Experian said they would no longer sell their FICO's to consumers. 

Re-entered the garden on 9/16/2013.

Starting Score: (TU) 517 (EQ) 469 (EX) 519 (6/1/2010)
Current Score: (TU98) 714 (TU04) 712 (EQ Beacon 5.0) 672 (EX -FICO v2) 724 (6/13/13)
Goal Score: 700 Club for all 3 (2 out of 3 so far)

MarineVietVet

glamchick wrote:

Why are people saying on here u can no longer get your experian score?

I received mine from experiandirect.com

No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only.

What consumers can buy now from EX is called a "Plus" score. The following is directly from Experian's website:

The PLUS Score®, developed by Experian, and the different risk levels presented by it, are for educational use only. The PLUS Score® is not currently sold to lenders, and is not an endorsement or guarantee of your credit worthiness as seen by lenders.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Established Contributor
glamchick

Ok thats terrible.  Ive been paying 7.00 a month thinking this was my score!!!  Poooh on them!

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 589/598
Goal Score: 700

Established Member
rebuildcc

....and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only.

Which product does CU offer EX FICO to member? Open a checking/saving or credit card you know?  I'm interested in open an account with them but not sure which they offer that.  Thanks.

MarineVietVet

rebuildcc wrote:

....and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only.

Which product does CU offer EX FICO to member? Open a checking/saving or credit card you know?  I'm interested in open an account with them but not sure which they offer that.  Thanks.

Here is a thread that explains how anyone can join PSECU.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Established Member
rebuildcc

Thanks for link. I think I  missed one of steps ... and need to mail in the application.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}