Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Score... I got mine through experian

tag
glamchick
Established Contributor

Experian Score... I got mine through experian

Why are people saying on here u can no longer get your experian score?

I received mine from experiandirect.com

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MamboItaliano
Frequent Contributor

Re: Experian Score... I got mine through experian

Because that's a FAKO, not a FICO. Experian said they would no longer sell their FICO's to consumers. 

Re-entered the garden on 9/16/2013.

Starting Score: (TU) 517 (EQ) 469 (EX) 519 (6/1/2010)
Current Score: (TU98) 714 (TU04) 712 (EQ Beacon 5.0) 672 (EX -FICO v2) 724 (6/13/13)
Goal Score: 700 Club for all 3 (2 out of 3 so far)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@glamchick wrote:

Why are people saying on here u can no longer get your experian score?

I received mine from experiandirect.com

No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only.

What consumers can buy now from EX is called a "Plus" score. The following is directly from Experian's website:

The PLUS Score®, developed by Experian, and the different risk levels presented by it, are for educational use only. The PLUS Score® is not currently sold to lenders, and is not an endorsement or guarantee of your credit worthiness as seen by lenders.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 7
glamchick
Established Contributor

Ok thats terrible.  Ive been paying 7.00 a month thinking this was my score!!!  Poooh on them!

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 4 of 7
rebuildcc
Established Member

....and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only.

Which product does CU offer EX FICO to member? Open a checking/saving or credit card you know?  I'm interested in open an account with them but not sure which they offer that.  Thanks.

Message 5 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@rebuildcc wrote:

....and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only.

Which product does CU offer EX FICO to member? Open a checking/saving or credit card you know?  I'm interested in open an account with them but not sure which they offer that.  Thanks.

Here is a thread that explains how anyone can join PSECU.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 6 of 7
rebuildcc
Established Member

Thanks for link. I think I  missed one of steps ... and need to mail in the application.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.