Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian and Omni Loans

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian and Omni Loans

Hello All,
I've been working at cleaning up my credit for quite some time. I'm down to one negative bit of information on my Experian report. My experience so far is that Experian is by far the most difficult to work with.

Sometime in 2001~ish I was in the military and took out a loan from Omni military loans, which is basically a high interest loan that targets junior enlist and is almost predatory in practice.

I didnt pay back the loan and in 2002 it was charged off.

I began repayment in 2004~ish and paid it in full in 2006 with a lump sum for the full balance owed at $2050. I

disputed with all three CRA's. Equifax and Trans union updated to to show that it was paid in full, no payment history and no negative aspects. It just looks like it was paid in full on time.

Experian shows the amount twice. Once from the loan and once from the charge off. The original loan shows paid with no history and no lates. The second entry shows that it is reporting as late monthly and is charged off. Experian will no longer let me dispute the debit.

I disputed it and it was investigated in November 2006. The result is that it was verified as accurate reporting.

I called Experian last month as was put through eventually to customer service. She said that they werent refusing to investigate, but i have to provide them with proof that something has changed since 2006 before they will investigate.

I asked her "Does your level of common sense seriously tell you that you can reasonably assume nothing has changed in two years"? and she hung up on me.

I called Omni and they tell me to dispute with Experian and wont provide any information.

Experian says to call Omni. What do I do now? Does anyone have any experience in these types of situations?

I'm stationed overseas but as a civilian.
Even though I'm not in the country, can I sue in small claims court, while away? Another options might be to change state of residence... is that a serious option I may have?

-C-

Message Edited by chrisd234 on 05-23-2008 01:19 PM
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.