Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian behind?

tag
smackmaster2
Valued Member

Experian behind?

Anyone else having problems with Experian reporting? They seem to be way behindt the other two. I have three AUs I added my wife to, plus some other things I had gotten removed with GWs, but it doesnt seem to be reflected. The whole thing seems weird, because we are using freecreditreport for experian updates, but her account has bee at 600 for 12 months now...hasnt budged. Not sure what to think.

Start 6/16 EX 582 TU 578 EQ 554
Current 8/5 EX 700 TU 711 EQ 651
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Experian behind?

Are you referring to the score or to the reporting of your accounts, or both?

It has to be asked, but did you click the link to have your reports updated?

BTW, per the score, ignore it. It is not a FICO score.

Message 2 of 13
smackmaster
Established Member

Yes, I have been refreshing the report every day. The updates are showing on the other two CRAs, just not Experian.

I understand its not the "true" score, but I would think it would be in the ball park. And yes, i was referring to both...showing up and score changing.

So is there no good way of knowing what experian would actually report when you go to a lender?

Message 3 of 13
witanga
Valued Member

They have been slowed I good willed a creditor and they deleted the account May 17th and the account is still there. I disputed the account and Experian said it shold fall off by the 26th.

Starting Score: 535
Current Score: 674
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@smackmaster wrote:

Yes, I have been refreshing the report every day. The updates are showing on the other two CRAs, just not Experian.

I understand its not the "true" score, but I would think it would be in the ball park. And yes, i was referring to both...showing up and score changing.

So is there no good way of knowing what experian would actually report when you go to a lender?

Are there any changes happening on EX like balance changes, status changes, etc.? If not, then it might be worth calling FCR folks and maybe they can help. Maybe there's a technical glitch? Guessing. One way for sure to know is to pull your EX report from somewhere else and compare side by side. If that other source has not changed, then you'd know that it's a GW-response issue by the creditor as opposed to EX not updating. You can get EX for free via annualcreditreport.com.

Message 5 of 13
smackmaster2
Valued Member

Yes, it looks like the status and balances of some accounts are updating, just not the new AUs I have added her as...but they have been added to TU and EQ.

Message 6 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

That rules out any issue with EX. Sounds like the creditor isn't updating or choosing not to update all 3. If they aren't updating monthly or show no signs of never updating, it might be worth it to call the CCC.

Message 7 of 13
smackmaster2
Valued Member

Well, I would agree, but it is not updating any on my 3 AU updates, from 3 different banks, so I still think it's something going on at EX
Message 8 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@smackmaster2 wrote:
Well, I would agree, but it is not updating any on my 3 AU updates, from 3 different banks, so I still think it's something going on at EX

If EX is updating any of your other accounts (even if non-AU), then the issue would lie with the CCCs itself I would think.

Message 9 of 13
smackmaster2
Valued Member

its probably worth a call to them to see...

thanks for the feedback!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.