Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian business practices

tag
ando35
Frequent Contributor

Experian business practices

I tried to get my credit report free from annualcreditreport.com and it wouldnt work. I then tried to call customer service, but they wouldnt connect me to a live operator unless I had a credit report confirmation number. I then tried to make a disput and that wouldnt work either. However, when I tried to but a service from their website it miraculously worked!!!! Is there anything that can be done about this?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Experian business practices

@ando35 wrote:

I tried to get my credit report free from annualcreditreport.com and it wouldnt work. I then tried to call customer service, but they wouldnt connect me to a live operator unless I had a credit report confirmation number. I then tried to make a disput and that wouldnt work either. However, when I tried to but a service from their website it miraculously worked!!!! Is there anything that can be done about this?

I recommend all reports be requested through the mail and that would negate a lot of these issues. You need a hard copy to get a report number,the report number then opens up phone service for you.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ando35 wrote:

@ando35,

I don't care for Experian as they drove me nuts when I tried to take a freeze of my report.  None of their phone numbers works on their site for a live operator.  Don't ask me where I got this from but this is what changed my life.  The hold time alone is enough to make grown men weep but you will get someone a human being if you want to prevail.  The number is 800.787.6864 should you need to get them on the phone.

Message 3 of 4
ando35
Frequent Contributor

Yeah I guess they are not in violation of the law just because I cant get my report in real time, but if they pretend it is broken yo get people to pay that is bad. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.