cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian changed the scheduled removal date. Now what?

tag
Sdenisew
Regular Contributor

Experian changed the scheduled removal date. Now what?

I have several credit reports from Experian that state that an old Mediacom Cable debt is scheduled to continue on record until Mar 2009. I check this morning to see if it's been removed and it has now been updated to Apr 2009. Like I said, I have several reports stated the Mar 2009 date, so I was wondering how should I dispute this (via online disputer, phone call, or in written form)?

Any suggestions

01/30/09
TU-582
EX-507
01/25/09
EQ-504
As of 02/08/09 EQ-508

03/03/08
TU-599
EQ-511
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian changed the scheduled removal date. Now what?

You can wait until May 1 and see if it gets removed or you can dispute now as "obsolete-- previous reports state was to be removed March 2009".

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can wait until May 1 and see if it gets removed or you can dispute now as "obsolete-- previous reports state was to be removed March 2009".

Message 2 of 4
Cinnnamon
New Contributor

Depends on if you made any payments since the deliquency date of last missed payment. If you did than you 7 yrs can start over again. It not experian who resets the date, but it could be the OC or the CA who has put something on your credit report to state that you made payments on the account again.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cinnnamon wrote:
Depends on if you made any payments since the deliquency date of last missed payment. If you did than you 7 yrs can start over again. It not experian who resets the date, but it could be the OC or the CA who has put something on your credit report to state that you made payments on the account again.

Making payments does NOT reset DOFD or CRTP.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.