cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian continues to report Portfolio Recovery. Please help.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian continues to report Portfolio Recovery. Please help.

I have one collection left on all three reports. Transunion and Equifax deleted Portfolio Recovery Associates months ago but Experian still continues to report it and gets Portfolio Recovery to send me a bill statement from the original creditor Care Credit from 5 years ago showing its my account. The account was paid in in full three years ago but I made the mistake of not doing a PFD. Any tips on how I can get this removed?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian continues to report Portfolio Recovery. Please help.

I had a account with Port Recov for the same account as you "Care Credit " and they wouldnt budge a bit.  They would send me old statments and that seems to be " their thing".  I eventually setteleed for 50% owed and they marked account paid and have stopped reporting.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian continues to report Portfolio Recovery. Please help.

Yes they just won't budge the debit was paid off years ago. I think it's Experian thats making this difficult. Equifax and Transunion just took it off. Experian is stating they will not investigate this item no more.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.