cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian deletes tax liens. Experian no longer uses private vendors to verify public records.

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Experian deletes tax liens. Experian no longer uses private vendors to verify public records.

@Anonymous wrote:

Experian deleted a tax lien that had been placed on my report 2 days earlier. I had paid it the day prior to calling Experian. I had called them for a different reason. While on the phone I asked, since in Alabama you can apply for a withdrawal of the lien after it was released, I asked what did I have to send Experian. The lady told me that Experian DOES NOT require anything, and she said she would delete it. Talk about shocked. I even told her twice that I had not yet received the release, and it would be at least 4 weeks before I received the release, yet alone write a letter asking for a withdrawal. She said again "Sir, you do not need to submit anything". The next day it was deleted and the points I lost had been restored. I was in total shock.

Problem is, most credit now searches the lexis nexis risk database and CLUE database.  They will remove bad info after seven years, but they also have the most mixed files. Folks are focusing on the three main bigs, while my verifications with major banks is off the lexis nexis database.  Ignoring this new model popular after April 30th (my creditors were using before), cleaning off experian does not mean diddly squat.

Signature needs updating
Message 31 of 40
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Re: Experian deletes tax liens. Experian no longer uses private vendors to verify public records.

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Rebuilding69 wrote:

Exp deleted my paid medical related judgement the other day w/o asking, 4 years early for me. EX is completely clear now & shot up 51 points. Now if I could only get TU & EQ to do the same, lol. Only 4 more short years for the PR to fall off of them.

Here we are looking for magic bullet.  Go to court house, vacate judgement, do hard work yourself, then ask for deletion.

I'm not looking for any "magic bullet". As far as doing the hard work, I already did that when I paid the entire judgement I owed after being out of work for near a year due to multiple surgeries. I'm not asking for handouts from people. I'm also not one of the people you see on here that try to get things deleted without paying what they owe first.

My comment was jokingly made.

Message 32 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Experian deleted a tax lien that had been placed on my report 2 days earlier. I had paid it the day prior to calling Experian. I had called them for a different reason. While on the phone I asked, since in Alabama you can apply for a withdrawal of the lien after it was released, I asked what did I have to send Experian. The lady told me that Experian DOES NOT require anything, and she said she would delete it. Talk about shocked. I even told her twice that I had not yet received the release, and it would be at least 4 weeks before I received the release, yet alone write a letter asking for a withdrawal. She said again "Sir, you do not need to submit anything". The next day it was deleted and the points I lost had been restored. I was in total shock.

Problem is, most credit now searches the lexis nexis risk database and CLUE database.  They will remove bad info after seven years, but they also have the most mixed files. Folks are focusing on the three main bigs, while my verifications with major banks is off the lexis nexis database.  Ignoring this new model popular after April 30th (my creditors were using before), cleaning off experian does not mean diddly squat.

Ok Mr. Diddly Squat Smiley Happy

I went to Lexis Nexis and it appears it is more geared towards data content supplier to corporations. It didn't appear that I could create a personal account for an record search with them. Is this something you were able to do? If I need to address both LN and CLUE, I will. Fortunately my lien is in Alabama where they allow withdrawals post release, they must be following the fed. Can you shed any light on a) how to get your assessment level and what is driving those assessments from these 2 additional services and 2) Would you simply need to submit the paperwork provided by the state once a withdrawal has been approved? 

Message 33 of 40
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I went to Lexis Nexis and it appears it is more geared towards data content supplier to corporations. It didn't appear that I could create a personal account for an record search with them. Is this something you were able to do? If I need to address both LN and CLUE, I will. Fortunately my lien is in Alabama where they allow withdrawals post release, they must be following the fed. Can you shed any light on a) how to get your assessment level and what is driving those assessments from these 2 additional services and 2) Would you simply need to submit the paperwork provided by the state once a withdrawal has been approved? 

You can request your CLUE report online, score costs money.  The database report requires downloading the form, and sending copies of ID and utility bill with form.  They have not great reputation on BBB, but they seem to be the better of the data collectors.  And yes, you are spot on in their marketing. They are now primarily for alternative credit scores, employment reports, insurance records, and public darabase records (they were failing miserably at this until 2015, report people as dead who were not, they seemed to have cleaned up their act, see where they are messing up? Smiley Wink).

Signature needs updating
Message 34 of 40
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

To answer cleaning up judgements with lexis nexis, that may take some doing.  You may have to rely on CFPB, lawyers (consumer attorneys), etc.  If you have a valid vacate from the courthouse for a paid lien, it works with some work in the big three, but harder with LN because they are just starting big leagues,  they provide the new Fico XD score, which is why I am now getting validation questions for ex husband of 30+ years ago.  This is new territory, they just started full roll out 2016.  And you bet lenders will find any reason for higher rates.

Signature needs updating
Message 35 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if this is related to EX no longer using privte vendors or not but I had a judgement removed from my EX yesterday.

I called in because I had judgement on EX that has been paid but has never been updated to show that it was paid. I was really just asking the CSR what documents I would need to send to them for them to update it and she was kind of pushing for me to just go ahead and dispute it, I wasnt really planning on disputing it when I called in but I did end up agreeing.

I logged in to credit check total this morning and that judgement is no longer listed on my EX report. I realize it could come back and maybe this is just part of the dispute process for a public record, I dont know as I have never dealt with one before, but it is at least gone for now and we will see if it gets relisted later.

Message 36 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

To answer cleaning up judgements with lexis nexis, that may take some doing.  You may have to rely on CFPB, lawyers (consumer attorneys), etc.  If you have a valid vacate from the courthouse for a paid lien, it works with some work in the big three, but harder with LN because they are just starting big leagues,  they provide the new Fico XD score, which is why I am now getting validation questions for ex husband of 30+ years ago.  This is new territory, they just started full roll out 2016.  And you bet lenders will find any reason for higher rates.

So I pulled my LN today. They pull your CR from EQ. Interesting situation. My tax lien was added to my 3 CBs on 5/5, I got the alert around 7PM. I called the number listed on the lien the next morning (5/6) and paid it in full. They said that it would take at least 4 weeks for the recording office and the state to communicate and process the release. The money was taken from my account on 5/9. Today is 5/11 and LN lists my lien as released already, EQ doesn't. We all know that you cannot get a release that quickly. Just for giggles I did a search and my lien has not been released, yet. But LN lists it as released? 

Message 37 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@koolerthanmost wrote:

Phoenix,

Transunion will often grant an early removal up to 6 months in advance. Experian is normally 2-3 months early.

Thanks for the info! This will come in handy for my discharged BK.Smiley Wink

Message 38 of 40
koolerthanmost
Valued Member

Something similar happened to me with LN. However, I disputed my liens over a year ago through Equifax. Each lien reported back as being released including the one that I have a payment plan for. As stated in my original post, Experian no longer uses third-party vendors. Given this, Equifax appears to be the poster-child for LN since LN is listed as the provider for public record information on our credit reports with Equifax. Thankfully, July is just around the corner and many of us will at the very least will have our liens and judgments removed from our reports thanks to the Feds suing the credit agencies in 2015 for not accurately reporting public records and liens. We know that the liens will still exist during a public record search for land and mortgage contracts, but at the very least those that have been denied car loans, rental approvals, and other types of credit will be given a better chance to rebuild their credit, as well as finance some of the things that many of them may need. 

Message 39 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah exp love to delete baddies off your credit report but trans and equfax are hard
Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.