cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian deletes tax liens. Experian no longer uses private vendors to verify public records.

tag
koolerthanmost
Valued Member

Re: Experian deletes tax liens. Experian no longer uses private vendors to verify public records.

No one said they couldn't. I just thought I would share my fortunate experience. It's interesting how on these forums people often applaud the efforts of those who get lucky and have their items deleted yet sometimes people are condemned for that same luck if they stumble in there description of such events. It's okay though, I'll just go back to reading posts instead of contributing. I'll just leave that there...Good luck!

Message 11 of 40
koolerthanmost
Valued Member

Re: Experian deletes tax liens. Experian no longer uses private vendors to verify public records.

As stated earlier, the liens were disputed based on the fact that a settlement had been reached. The rep was going to delete the items based on any dispute since the information as of now cannot be verified. I got lucky. In the event that Experian decides to seek out the public record info manually then...Oh well! In the mean time, it feels good to have a few less negatives on my report.

Message 12 of 40
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

If you are referring to me I was just clarifying for anyone that may be reading this thread that there are other ways they can verify, it wasnt meant to take anything away from your post and success at getting the item removed. If you took it that way I am sorry for not having made it clear what my intention was.
Message 13 of 40
koolerthanmost
Valued Member

Thanks for that! I just wanted to add something of value to the forums since I use them frequently.

Message 14 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian also deleted CA state tax lien from my report within 2days. I did my dispute over the phone and the rep was extremely nice. 1less baddie. Only thing is there was no score gain with the deletion :'(
Message 15 of 40
earena
Contributor

Experian also deleted my tax lien quickly. Equifax said no... If you have any luck with your contacting the other places please update the thread!

Message 16 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@koolerthanmost wrote:

Earlier this week I contacted Experian via phone to ask for the early removal of a BK scheduled to be deleted from my report in July. After the rep removed the BK he asked if I wanted him to look at the other accounts having a negative impact. I jokingly stated, "it would be wishful thinking to remove my tax liens that I recently settled for a different amount" so he asked again. I said, "sure." He put me on hold for a couple of minutes and said that my two tax liens would be removed in 24-48 hours. "What?" was my response. He stated that he was hoping that my call was about the tax liens since, get this, Experian no longer uses private vendors to verify public records. "What?" was my response. He said they will be  permanately removed! One call to Experian earlier this week resulted in 3 of my 4 public records being permanently deleted. Presently, I'm in the process of trying to have Transunion remove the tax liens from my report because I feel that the use of private vendors is bogus. I will contact the CFPB if they refuse to budge.

This is awesome Koolerthanmost! I also have a BK that I would like to inquire about early removal. I am super excited to hear about your success! How soon is early removal granted by Experian and TU?

Message 17 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! I've got several I may ask them about that are all paid

TU totally deleted one of my public records SIX years early when all I did was request that they change the status to show "paid" by providing the Satifaction I had received. I was stunned but elated!
Message 18 of 40
JayTee1
Frequent Contributor

I have a federal tax lien which is due to be withdrawn under the Fresh Start program this July.  I have talked with the very nice people in the lien office several times, and they assure me I meet all qualifications as of July.  I had to wait this long because the total balance owed needed to be under a certain amount.

Anyway.  After reading this thread, I called Experian and asked them what I needed to do in July in order to ensure that the record was removed from my credit report.  The gentleman on the phone said he would request a removal (which is not what I asked him).   I said fine though, thanked him, and hung up.

The same day, CCT no longer showed the lien on that report.  I only had a gain of 5 points, which is really the information I was after. Smiley Happy

March 2014: Abysmal, low 500s

April 2015: TU 607 | EQ 599 | EX 608
March 2019: TU 717 | EQ 727 | EX 727
Message 19 of 40
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Exp deleted my paid medical related judgement the other day w/o asking, 4 years early for me. EX is completely clear now & shot up 51 points. Now if I could only get TU & EQ to do the same, lol. Only 4 more short years for the PR to fall off of them.

Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.