cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian dispute -Entergy/Gulf States (success?)

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Experian dispute -Entergy/Gulf States (success?)

On Saturday I filed multiple disputes with all credit agencies online. I checked status of them today and Experian had my status on my Entergy/Gulf States dispute as "updated.". In my challenge I stated that I closed account and paid full amount at time it was due and open account for another service address. Does the "updated" status mean I was successfull and negatives removed?? Duncan

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: Experian dispute -Entergy/Gulf States (success?)

So what y'all think? Did I win?

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

In my opinion, it means very little.

The decision of the CRA is required to be set forth in their Notice of Results of Investigation, which must be communicated to the consumer within 5 days after conclusion of their reinvestigation.  Until you receive that Notice, there is no actual dispostion of the dispute.

"Updated" could signify either a verification or a change/deletion, or simply that they have concluded their reinvestigation.

Message 3 of 5
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

According to their website, "Updated' indicates that the business agreed with your dispute or at least found changes were necessary. As a result, the business updated the account information with Experian.". Guess I'll have to wait till other pending items are addressed.

Message 4 of 5
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:
According to their website, "Updated' indicates that the business agreed with your dispute or at least found changes were necessary. As a result, the business updated the account information with Experian.". Guess I'll have to wait till other pending items are addressed.

Update from Experian means little... Updated could mean something very very simple, such as a change to the date of last activity. It could mean the creditor updated their address. It could mean all sorts of things that have nothing to do with the change of negative factors..

I am not saying it won't end up in your favor, but I cannot count the amount of times something updated on my credit report when I did CRA disputes. This is why I rarely, if ever, do or will do a CRA dispute. If I have something to dispute, I am doing a direct dispute with the account holder in question. Too many chefs in the kitchen with CRA disputes

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.