Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian dispute, no good outcome

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian dispute, no good outcome

Hey Guys,

I'm pretty new to the board. I had a quick question. My only collection on my report is a collection from Verizon Wireless which was opened approx. six years ago without my knowledge by my mother, I was 17 at the time. When I looked at my report it said that the account was opened in 2014. I went to dispute this as incorrect and as the account not being mine. Experian did their investigation and found that it complied with all rules and it won't be off my report until 2020. Should I re dispute? What should I do?

Thank you for all your help!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
yfan
Valued Contributor

Re: Experian dispute, no good outcome

Collections on your CR don't usually say when the account was opened but when it first became delinquent and when it went to collections. Are you sure 2014 isn't mentioned as the time it first became delinquent?

If your mother opened an account in your name without your knowledge, at whatever age, you shouldn't be responsible. If you knew about it as an adult though and did not cancel or remove yourself, then you're responsible for it.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian dispute, no good outcome

It became deliquent many years ago but it stated it became deliquent in 2014. Don't get that. When I did find out about it, the account was closed. Which was in about 2011. I've just recently actually taken a hard look into credit buidling and bought my reports. Should I write to the CA or should I redispute?

Thank you so much for your help Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.