cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian disputed instead of investigating. Now what?

tag
JohnDoe12
New Contributor

Experian disputed instead of investigating. Now what?

I sent the following letter to Experian on 6-28-2011

Attention: Experian
NCAC
P.O. Box 9701
Allen, TX 75013

Dear Experian:

This letter is a formal request to correct inaccurate information contained in my credit file. The item listed below is inaccurate. I have enclosed a copy of the credit report your organization provided to me on 1/26/11 and circled the item(s) in question.

Line Item: GAS - XXXXXXXX
Item Description: GAS - Utility
Requested Correction: I am requesting this item be deleted as the item has an inaccurate payment history, and date of first delinquency listed as “N/A”.

In accordance with the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), I respectfully request you INVESTIGATE my claim and, if after your investigation, you find my claim to be valid and accurate, I request that you immediately delete the item, sending me an updated copy of my report as evidence of such.

Additionally, please provide me with the name, address, and telephone number of each credit grantor or other subscriber that you provided a copy of my credit report too within the past six months.

If your investigation shows the information to be accurate, I respectfully request that you forward to me a description of the procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the item in question within 15 days of the completion of your re-investigation as required by the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

I thank you for your consideration and cooperation.

Sincerely,

The credit report was updated, but only minimally. Furthermore, based on the language used in the letter and report, it was not an investigation, but just a dispute. If they fail to send the description of the procedure (in bold), due I have any recourse?

Thanks,

JD

Starting Score: EQ 660, TU 698 | 30-Jan 2011
Current Score: EX ???, EQ ???, TU 822 | 11-Aug 2015
Goal Score:EX 700, EQ 700, TU 720 | 30-Jan 2011
Goal Score:
EX 800, EQ 800, TU 843 | 30-Aug 2015
***High Score:TU 843 - Dec 2014 ***
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.