Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian ignored my letter

tag
gbfan10
Valued Member

Experian ignored my letter

I have an ID theft warning on my credit at the 3 credit bureaus.  I noticed some inaccurate info on one of my accounts with Experian.  I sent them a letter explaining it wasn't correct, and included a copy of my report and circled what was wrong.    I also included samples of the incorrect billing from Am Ex.

I get a letter back in the mail saying someone sent them a letter disputing things, but they don't think it was me, so they ignored it completely.

Why would someone else dispute information on my credit file.   Does this mean they exceeded the 30 day requirement for investigating?

I sent it cmrr, 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Experian ignored my letter

@gbfan10 wrote:

I have an ID theft warning on my credit at the 3 credit bureaus.  I noticed some inaccurate info on one of my accounts with Experian.  I sent them a letter explaining it wasn't correct, and included a copy of my report and circled what was wrong.    I also included samples of the incorrect billing from Am Ex.

I get a letter back in the mail saying someone sent them a letter disputing things, but they don't think it was me, so they ignored it completely.

Why would someone else dispute information on my credit file.   Does this mean they exceeded the 30 day requirement for investigating?

I sent it cmrr, 

File a complaint with the CFPB, they do this all the time...    http://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.