cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian is refusing to remove a paid in full acct at the 7 year mark.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian is refusing to remove a paid in full acct at the 7 year mark.

The account should have been off this month and the CSR said now it will be May. The last payment  and the deletion date on the credit report says Jan 16. What letter and to what agency do I need to file a complaint? I have tried letter after letter with Experian. Thanks this is my last negative account on anything and my score is 100 points lower than Trans or EQ . Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian is refusing to remove a paid in full acct at the 7 year mark.

I'd wait a few weeks before raising a stink. The rep could be wrong and it could silently disappear.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The account should have been off this month and the CSR said now it will be May. The last payment  and the deletion date on the credit report says Jan 16. What letter and to what agency do I need to file a complaint? I have tried letter after letter with Experian. Thanks this is my last negative account on anything and my score is 100 points lower than Trans or EQ . Thanks

FCRA says no longer than 7.5 years from the DoFD, not 7 years. What is the actual DoFD?

Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Is the "account" one reported by a creditor, or is it a collection?

What are the specific derogs reported under the account?

If you assert exclusion of information, the first step is to dispute its continued showing by the CRA once it has exceeded its credti report exclusion date.

You should first document that whatever derog has exceeded its statutory exclusion date, and then file a dispute with teh CRA before resoritng to a complaint with the CFPB for violation of the FCRA.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

If you assert exclusion of information, the first step is to dispute its continued showing by the CRA once it has exceeded its credti report exclusion date.

You should first document that whatever derog has exceeded its statutory exclusion date, and then file a dispute with teh CRA before resoritng to a complaint with the CFPB for violation of the FCRA.

Its with BB&T and I paid BB&T in full. The Status say: Paid in full witten off. This account is scheduled to continue on record until January 2016. It does not give a first late payment date on Experian. I know it fell off Equifax and Transunion last year.

Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

Its with BB&T and I paid BB&T in full. The Status say: Paid in full witten off. This account is scheduled to continue on record until January 2016. It does not give a first late payment date on Experian. I know it fell off Equifax and Transunion last year.

With EX its always the following month that the items are removed typically the first weekend of the month. If you have older report showing the DoFD and/or scheduled removal date thats all you need to prove to them the proper scheduled drop date though by law it can remain for 7.5 yrs from the DoFD.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.