Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian is terrible

tag
psjhvac79
New Contributor

Experian is terrible

Ok so Experian is counting 2 JDB account as installment debt. Under type of debt it reads debt purchase. I want to fix this as these are counting against my fico score. Also I don't want these accounts to seem like a new collection. Any suggestions on how to handle this one?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Experian is terrible

Experian does not list how the tradeline should be. They receive the account and just list it on your credit report. The CA is the one in violation as they are the ones saying you have an installment loan with them which is a big no no. Any collection is going to count against your score not matter how they are listed. When was the last time the trade line was updated? That could play a huge factor when its changed from installment to collection. 

Message 2 of 9
psjhvac79
New Contributor

Well I got a alert say one of these a 5 -1/2 year old went into collections and now it listed it as Installment . The other one show I have a payment history with on time payments. This false but I'm trying to figure out how to use this to my advantage.
Message 3 of 9
DaBears
Senior Contributor

They were just listed to your credit report? 

Message 4 of 9
psjhvac79
New Contributor

I'm sorry I'm typing from my phone and let me explain alittle better. No, they have both been on my report for years. In Jan. I received a credit alert that a collection has been reported. It was a LVNV about 5 -1/2 years old. Now it's just reporting as Installment debt . I guess meaning it's open and showing Installment debt with a past due balance. Which I don't think its fair and have file a BBB complaint but got the usual response and waiting on next response. I also have a PRA which is showing CO one CRA and showing I made payments on another CRA. I haven't started on this yet because I don't want them to remove the payments they are listings just yet. So I have alittle more leverage on getting it deleted. I don't mine paying but I have DV and never received nothing but I did miss the 30 day period. Do know if a 623 or really the best way of dealing with this. I do know they show not be under Installment debt but don't know really where to look in law.
Message 5 of 9
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@psjhvac79 wrote:
I'm sorry I'm typing from my phone and let me explain alittle better. No, they have both been on my report for years. In Jan. I received a credit alert that a collection has been reported. It was a LVNV about 5 -1/2 years old. Now it's just reporting as Installment debt . I guess meaning it's open and showing Installment debt with a past due balance. Which I don't think its fair and have file a BBB complaint but got the usual response and waiting on next response. I also have a PRA which is showing CO one CRA and showing I made payments on another CRA. I haven't started on this yet because I don't want them to remove the payments they are listings just yet. So I have alittle more leverage on getting it deleted. I don't mine paying but I have DV and never received nothing but I did miss the 30 day period. Do know if a 623 or really the best way of dealing with this. I do know they show not be under Installment debt but don't know really where to look in law.

A 623 Direct Dispute can not be used for a CA unfortunately. PRA can not list the account as a CO. Only the OC can do that. LVNV can not list a collection as a installment loan as you don't have a loan with them. 

Message 6 of 9
Dbremer
New Contributor

I had a similar situation. If you got your report from MyFico the formatting can be off. Mine showed a ca reporting lates on this site. Before I sent a 623, I called Experian to see what they show. They showed it was reporting correctly. Make sure the report you are viewing is straight from the CRA and not a third party! Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 9
psjhvac79
New Contributor

Well they are and I know it's wrong. Do you know where in the law I should look? It's just crazy how these companies still use abusive reporting and the FTC doesn't keep them on a leash. Any suggestions on how to get this removed or updated without show as a recent collection?
Message 8 of 9
psjhvac79
New Contributor

Yes, this report is from the Experian site. They won't even let me pull a fico score anymore from Myfico and it's really stinks because I'm try to get a home loan soon and the all three scores match perfect for the first pull my leader did. This started my credit adventure.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.