Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian is the worst!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian is the worst!!

I had a credit card that had not reported since November of 2008 hence the balance reported to the credit bureaus was off. Way off they showed that I owed abuot 2500 when in reality I only owed about 1200. I tried dealing directly with the credit card company directly and they thought I was speaking a foreign language so I went straight to the bureaus and disputed the amount owed not the account itself. So you know what experian does? Instead of updating it they DELETED it and it was a positive account. Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian is the worst!!

Call your credit card company and ask them to re-report.

@Anonymous wrote:
I had a credit card that had not reported since November of 2008 hence the balance reported to the credit bureaus was off. Way off they showed that I owed abuot 2500 when in reality I only owed about 1200. I tried dealing directly with the credit card company directly and they thought I was speaking a foreign language so I went straight to the bureaus and disputed the amount owed not the account itself. So you know what experian does? Instead of updating it they DELETED it and it was a positive account. Any suggestions?

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the suggestion but it was the credit card companies inability to report correctly in the first place that started this mess. I feel that my beef is with experian now. Grr.....
Message 3 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

It isn't uncommon to have a TL delete like that when you disputed it. In all likelihood, it was the OC who deleted it. Check to see if they are reporting on the other two.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

ugh maybe my beef is with the credit card company. I had also disputed it with innovis and it's deleted there as well. I'd like to keep it reported as it is a positive account.  I only wanted the correct information reported.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had the card since 05/07 isn't that a lot of history to lose? Will that effect my average age of accounts? Will my score plummett? I noticed that when I checked my fako score through credit expert my score went up 11 points having that info removed.
Message 6 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

jeepgirl1975 wrote:
I've had the card since 05/07 isn't that a lot of history to lose? Will that effect my average age of accounts? Will my score plummett? I noticed that when I checked my fako score through credit expert my score went up 11 points having that info removed.

Your AAoA is expressed as a whole number. If it is more than 1, then removing the TL helped your AAoA. However, if this TL is open, it should re-report at the next statement. Ignore the FAKO.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess the best thing I can do then would just be to keep an eye on it then huh? If it doesn't re report (correctly) Couldn't I dispute it again at a later date if need be to get it reported correctly?
Message 8 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Best thing to do is sit it out. If it doesn't report or if it still lags, then the best step in the future is to call the CC. Some CCs are just slow to update (e.g. my Orchard and DW's HSBC....max up to 5 months behind).
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.