cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian needs to training their CSR with the simple knowledge we all have...they suck!!!

tag
Poodles585
Valued Member

Experian needs to training their CSR with the simple knowledge we all have...they suck!!!

I called Experian again the other day to request that they delete a collection that has been on my report for over 5 years which I PIF a number of mnths ago.  I told them that as a NY resident paid collections over 5 years old can be removed from my CR. The answer I get...it hasnt been on my report long enough. The report since date is the date your suppose to go by and count 7 years ahead.  So when I asked the lady that on my report it stated that it is to remain on my report until 4/2012 and since in NY it can be removed after 5 years when will you guys remove it if the report since date showed a date of 2/2010? This moron said they can't remove it until 2/2013!!!!!  

These people are just taking up precious air AND space. I wanted so badly to ask her if she go to school since a pre-school can add better than they can!!

So can ANYONE let me know which statue or law stated the information about NY paid collection removal after 5 years OR Am I totally wrong?

I need to send them a letter ASAP. I want it gone so I can focus on writing my GW letters to get other items removed.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: Experian needs to training their CSR with the simple knowledge we all have...they suck!!!

Looks like you might be correct. I had to look it up since I was not sure, but if you are in NY and have a paid collection then it will be removed after 5 years from the DOFD.

Link

As far as the actual law, etc. Im still looking.

Message 2 of 5
Poodles585
Valued Member

Re: Experian needs to training their CSR with the simple knowledge we all have...they suck!!!

Thanks for the reply! I thought I was crazy, I knew I had read that in one of the posts long agao before I became a member.  Thanks for the link..your the best!!!!!

Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

You aren't the only one. I've seen other NYers say the same after calling EX. IMO, if 90%+ of CSR-types in the credit industry talk, then you're fed incorrect info, and sometimes outright lies.

Message 4 of 5
Poodles585
Valued Member

I so agree with you on that.  These people are messing with people's lives with giving out bad information and straight up lies and it seems like there is nothing we can do about it except everytime we speak to them we have to have the laws and statues in front of us so we can school them on the correct procedures and laws.  Maybe its possible to sue them to get them to finally do the right thing.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.