Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian online dispute process help

tag
pat0812
Regular Contributor

Experian online dispute process help

I'm trying to dispute online with experian.

They let me chose what reason I'm disputing but then they don't allow to write long comments.

How am I supposed to explain my story if they limit to a very small amount of words ?

FICO 8's EX 770 EQ 751 TU 771 (1/16/17)
Amex Gold Premier rewards ( Charge Card)
Amex Blue cash - $47,800 Wells Fargo - $15,000 Citibank Simplicity - $13,800 Barclays Apple - $13,000 Walmart Mastercard - $8000 Chase Slate - $7,200 Discover It - $5,500 Capital One - $5,250
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian online dispute process help

@pat0812 wrote:

I'm trying to dispute online with experian.

They let me chose what reason I'm disputing but then they don't allow to write long comments.

How am I supposed to explain my story if they limit to a very small amount of words ?

Don't dispute online then.  They have a dispute form you can fill out and add longer comments but you have  to mail it in.

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Or better yet, send a direct dispute directly to the party who reported the information

A direct disute ensures that the furnisher receives all of your supporting documentation and arguments.

What is the information that you are contesting?

Message 3 of 5
pat0812
Regular Contributor

A collection from Directv. I never had an account with them
I called the CA and i'm being transferred from one rep to the other and no one has answers. After being on tge phone 45min the last rep hanged up on me
FICO 8's EX 770 EQ 751 TU 771 (1/16/17)
Amex Gold Premier rewards ( Charge Card)
Amex Blue cash - $47,800 Wells Fargo - $15,000 Citibank Simplicity - $13,800 Barclays Apple - $13,000 Walmart Mastercard - $8000 Chase Slate - $7,200 Discover It - $5,500 Capital One - $5,250
Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@pat0812 wrote:
A collection from Directv. I never had an account with them
I called the CA and i'm being transferred from one rep to the other and no one has answers. After being on tge phone 45min the last rep hanged up on me

As Robert EG has suggested send a DV to the CA, their address is on your hard copy credit reports.  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Debt-Validation/m-p/7133

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.