Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian "Live" phone number

tag
aquatic1
Established Contributor

Experian "Live" phone number

Does anyone have a phone number to Experian where I will actually speak to someone.  I have disputed a collection account that should be deleted from my credit file.  I live in NYS and all paid collections must be deleted at 5 years.  Its been two months now and they still will not delete.  Experian "verified" the account and will not allow me to dispute it again.  Verifying with the collection agency makes no sense since its not about them its about New York State.

Please search your numbers for one where I will actually speak to a LIVE PERSON!   Experian will not even accept faxesanymore. What is wrong with this company?  First no faes and then ni FICO scores.  Does it even matter now since we will not be able to get a FICO score from them?

THANKS!!! 

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian "Live" phone number

Try (800) 493-1058 or (888) 397-3742

They are both automated at first, but you can get a live person. The trick is, everytime the recorded voice starts press 0. You'll get a rep in a few minutes, usually an American one at that.

Message 2 of 4
aquatic1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Try (800) 493-1058 or (888) 397-3742

They are both automated at first, but you can get a live person. The trick is, everytime the recorded voice starts press 0. You'll get a rep in a few minutes, usually an American one at that.

Thank you so much.  I used the first number and hit zero.  Was able to actually speak to someone and they DELETED the collection account.  I am hoping that this deletion will not be a negative for me since it was listed under accounts in good standing.  But I am sure I read that collection accounts are calculated by FICO as a negative regardless of how the CRA list it.

Anyway, at least its one less collection account I will see on my record.....Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the absolutely correct information. Unfortunately I think others may be parroting information they received on Get Human sites. Get Human appears to be a prolific at disseminating  outdated and incorrect ways to reach live agents at credit bureaus and other entities that wish to avoid customr contact. As to Get Human's profit motivation I do not know but I saw enough "red flags" avoid registering with them

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.