Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian refuses to delete incorrect addresses

tag
Mish0817
Regular Contributor

Experian refuses to delete incorrect addresses

Experian will not delete addressethat at are not mine! Any advice as to how to make them? 

Eq 675
TU 681
Ex your guess is as goodas mine!

Nfcu Cash Rewards 15000, Nfcu nRewards Mc 15000, Walmart 600, Target 400, VS 650,Capital one 3750, Us Bank 300, Discover 4500,Citi DP 1500, Chase Freedom 2000. And I'm done...... no more cards just going to tend my garden
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Experian refuses to delete incorrect addresses

Pull your full report from Experian.com or annualcreditreport. IIRC, Experian includes demographic codes with each TL. You can narrow out which TL is still updating on your CR with the incorrect address. Then you can contact that creditor and get it updated.

Message 2 of 9
Mish0817
Regular Contributor

I did that today, it is from a CA, that I have never gotten anything from (obviously cause they are sendin to a random po box 600 miles away! From me) so do I send CA (pinnaclea DV with my new address? ) how do I even approach the bear without  poking it?? 

Eq 675
TU 681

Nfcu Cash Rewards 15000, Nfcu nRewards Mc 15000, Walmart 600, Target 400, VS 650,Capital one 3750, Us Bank 300, Discover 4500,Citi DP 1500, Chase Freedom 2000. And I'm done...... no more cards just going to tend my garden
Message 3 of 9
angeltimes3
Valued Member

Is the CA affecting your credit score with their reporting?  If the debt isn't yours than start working on getting it off there.  That would be my advice.

Starting Score: EQ484TU503EX491 3/23/2012
Current Score: EQ652TU729EX707 Quizzle 651 CrKarma 714 3/5/14
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Mishwatson wrote:

I did that today, it is from a CA, that I have never gotten anything from (obviously cause they are sendin to a random po box 600 miles away! From me) so do I send CA (pinnaclea DV with my new address? ) how do I even approach the bear without  poking it?? 

Do you think it could be legit (other than the bum address)? In other words, do you think you had a debt with the OC around the DOFD?

Message 5 of 9
Mish0817
Regular Contributor

i believe its an old verizon debt, but it says debt buyer and really no other info, under account type it says financial? it is for 1400. So right now pif is not an option .  How would you handle this? ill send dv but do I give them correct address Since they sending to random po box?   

Eq 675
TU 681

Message 6 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I would proceed knowing that if the CA is deleted, then the current address would self-adjust when a CC updated next. I would also be wary of SOL and would only proceed if I knew I had the ability to PIF if I had to (to avoid a judgment if it ever came to that) assuming SOL had not expired just yet. Once SOL expired or if I had the $$$ set aside, then I would DV. If they verified and if I agreed, then I'd send a PFD. You can also ask the OC for statements. I did that to DW's Verizon CO and they were cool about it.

Message 7 of 9
Mish0817
Regular Contributor

Ok, looked at credit file from Eq and it is past sol, so I will dv disincentive I know they don't have correct address do I include my address in dv? 

Eq 675
TU 681

Message 8 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I hate giving CAs info, but I can't see how they can respond without it. Your call.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.