Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian refuses to re-investigate

tag
AdamNYC
Established Member

Experian refuses to re-investigate

Thanks to all the great advice here, I have raised my EQ and TU scores from the low 600s to 796 and 791 respectively!  My EX score is currently 741 (not bad but not as good as it could be).  

I have a tax lien public record that I have successfully had deleted from EQ & TU, but it still appears on EX.  I recently sent EX a dispute for it so that it is deleted from all 3 CRAs.  Here is the response I received:

"We are responding to your request to verify item(s) on your personal credit report.  We have already investigated this information and the credit grantor has verified its accuracy. ... Pursuant to Section 611(a)(3)(A) of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, we will not be investigating your dispute again at this time."

They go on to state that I can add a statement to my credit report, or send them "additional new relevant information."  In my opinion, I did that in my dispute letter.  The FCRA section they cite deals with cases where "the agency reasonably determines that the dispute by the consumer is frivolous or irrelevant."

So, I am coming to the experts here yet again.  Is there an effective way for me to respond to compel them to attempt to re-verify the lien?  The other two CRAs were unable to do so and therefore deleted it and I would like for EX to do the same.  How can I convince them that my dispute is not "frivolous or irrelevant"?  

Thank you in advance for your help!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Darius1976
New Contributor

Re: Experian refuses to re-investigate

You can try to call them up directly and speak with a live person and explain your situation.  I did this and they will often do a re-investigation.

$7500____________$5000____________$9000____________$2000____________$1800____________$5500
Message 2 of 7
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Only a judge can have a tax lien vacated. What is the basis for the dispute? Is it paid? Not yours?

Message 3 of 7
AdamNYC
Established Member

Yes, I know that. I'm not asking how to get a tax lien v...

@DaBears wrote:

Only a judge can have a tax lien vacated. What is the basis for the dispute? Is it paid? Not yours?

Yes, I know that.  I'm not asking how to get a tax lien vacated.  I've already done that part.  I'm asking how to compel Experian to re-investigate (as they will be unable to verify) and therefore remove it.  

Message 4 of 7
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Yes, I know that. I'm not asking how to get a tax lien v...

Message 5 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Yes, I know that. I'm not asking how to get a tax lien v...

Fax your dispute to Experian. Wait a few days and call to speak to a live person. When that doesn't work, file a complaint with the CFPB, make sure you have the documents scanned and available on your computer to attach them in the complaint.

I had to do this for my DH.

Good luck!
Message 6 of 7
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

Ex gave me that exact message when I was trying to dispute a collection Friday n Monday morning it was deleted. Idk if the same thing applies to liens but gl

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.