Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian report-midland changes to "no status"

tag
caneridge
Established Member

Experian report-midland changes to "no status"

just checked DH EX report and midland went from a collection acct to "no status" in the Unknown category, can anyone tell me what this means?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Experian report-midland changes to "no status"

The status of a collection is only one of two things.  Open or closed. Once it is reported as open, it remains with that status until the debt collector reports the account as closed, or of course reports deletion of the entire account.

If they have not reported the collection as updated to closed, its status is open.  They dont report a status of "no status."  Most likley, it is an indication by the CRA that no updated or continued status has recently been reported.  In sum, it doesnt mean anything as to the actual status of the collection.

Message 2 of 4
caneridge
Established Member

Excuse me, it is reported as CLOSED, with a payment status of NO STATUS, and the balance is gone now also.

Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I think Robert was driving at the status of the account, since that wasn't specified. But it also relates to the payment status as well. If they report the payment status as "no status", it just means they haven't updated the account if paid or haven't updated the balance in their last update. It could also mean they sold it.

In terms of FICO scoring, none of this matters since a $0 balance CA (or no balance in your case) is scored equally bad as one that's $10k. For as long as it reports, it hurts. FICO ignores the balance and payment status fields for CAs like Midland.

If you haven't sent a DV already, you might want to do that. Keep SOL in mind too before doing so.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.