cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian reporting with another persons info

tag
mynewlife14

Experian reporting with another persons info

Hi everyone, I'm new to post but have been reading the forum for a while now but I need some guidance.

I finally was able to pull my Experian report and it has someone else's name and contact info and over 58k in delinquent accounts. This info is not on my other reports. I called some of the creditors and they could not find any of my info in their systems. I tried to start an online dispute but it said not available at this time to call a 800 number, so I did and ordered the credit report direct form them even though the one I have is from Experian credit tracker.

So can anyone tell me what my next steps are?

I really hope I can get this straightened out soon as my husband and I would like to buy a house in the next 6 months or so.

fako scores

CK TU FAKO 685 8/7/14

Quizzle FAKO 650 8/7/14

KOHLS Denial EX 561 8/2/14

Mortgage pull TU 532 2/25/14

Mortgage pull EQ 529 2/25/14

Mortgage pull EX None

In my purse, TDECU $600, Discover it $1000, Capital One $300, Barclay Rewards MC $1000, Wal-Mart $1200. In the SD (Buckle $250, Express $250, HSN $250 Kay's Jeweler $1500, Firestone $1000)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Experian reporting with another persons info

@mynewlife14 wrote:

Hi everyone, I'm new to post but have been reading the forum for a while now but I need some guidance.

I finally was able to pull my Experian report and it has someone else's name and contact info and over 58k in delinquent accounts. This info is not on my other reports. I called some of the creditors and they could not find any of my info in their systems. I tried to start an online dispute but it said not available at this time to call a 800 number, so I did and ordered the credit report direct form them even though the one I have is from Experian credit tracker.

I really hope I can get this straightened out soon as my husband and I would like to buy a house in the next 6 months or so.

fako scores

CK TU FAKO 685 8/7/14

Quizzle FAKO 650 8/7/14

Mortgage pull EX None

I would get EX on the phone and tell them that they have merged someone elses file with yours and that you want the accounts separated out, if they give you any guff just file a complaint with the CFPB on them. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@mynewlife14 wrote:

fako scores

CK TU FAKO 685 8/7/14

Quizzle FAKO 650 8/7/14

Mortgage pull EX None

All you can do is wait on the report, then call them up and despite all that's wrong in your report. Get ready to fax in your info.

Sounds like you have a spilt file with someone else.

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 3 of 6
toi34
Established Contributor

File a complaint with the CFPB right away! This sort of thing can take months. If removing an outdated and unverified collection can take 45-60 days, imagine how long piecing back together a split file is going to take. In your CFPB complaint attach a PDF of your DL and a utility bill or cancelled check that has your address pre-printed on it. Good Luck!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello.

I would call Experian and dispute any accounts that are not yours. They will probably put a "fraud alert" on your account which is good, but you won't be able to apply for automatic credit. If you apply for any credit online, you won't receive an instant approval either, but that is okay. In the event, you do decide to apply for credit, make sure you have an updated phone number on your credit report.

Good luck with removing the inaccurate information from your credit file!!!

Message 5 of 6
mynewlife14

Thank you all for your help. I finally recieved my offical credit report from experian and was able to call and dispute the info. The lady I spoke with seemed very helpful and stated the reason this probably happened was because the other persons ss# is one number off from mine. She stated that she was removing all of the incorrect info and I will get confirmantion in 24-72 hours.

Thanks again.

In my purse, TDECU $600, Discover it $1000, Capital One $300, Barclay Rewards MC $1000, Wal-Mart $1200. In the SD (Buckle $250, Express $250, HSN $250 Kay's Jeweler $1500, Firestone $1000)
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.