Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian slow to delete PFD?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian slow to delete PFD?

A month ago a collection from Commonwealth financial popped up on all 3 reports. I called them that same day and arranged a PFD and paid it. About a week later it was removed from my TU and EQ reports but it is still showing on my Ex reports. I have already contacted Commonwealth and they said that they already contacted Ex. Is there anything that I can do about this or do I just need to keep waiting?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian slow to delete PFD?

That's pretty much all you can do as far as I know if Commonwealth Financial has sent a deletion request.
Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Either keep waiting or have them re=report the deletion.

Do not contact the CRA.  Pay for deletions are contrary to their credit reporting policy, and it is not wise to notify them that one of their furnishers has agreed to delete contrary to that policy.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian was my biggest challenge when I was cleaning up my CB files. It was virtually impossible to talk to someone who could actually do anything, but I finally found someone. She agreed that the item should be deleted and even then it took two more full weeks for it to fall off. In my experience they are the most difficult in getting things removed and TU is the easiest and most forgiving. 

Perhaps you can get the creditor to report it again. That is one possibility. Good luck

Message 4 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Experian was my biggest challenge when I was cleaning up my CB files. It was virtually impossible to talk to someone who could actually do anything, but I finally found someone. She agreed that the item should be deleted and even then it took two more full weeks for it to fall off. In my experience they are the most difficult in getting things removed and TU is the easiest and most forgiving. 

Perhaps you can get the creditor to report it again. That is one possibility. Good luck

Good point.  This is how it goes sometimes, and shows that it can take multiple attempts to get the desired outcome.  Sometimes it depends on the rep in particular.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.