cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian updating from TransUnion dispute?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian updating from TransUnion dispute?

About a month a go I disputed a collection from AFNI on my TU CR a few weeks later when the investigation was completed the collection had been deleted. Shortly thereafter I ordered my EX CR to dispute some items and I noticed that AFNI was on this CR as well but in the comments it says Account information disputed by consumer. (Meets requirement of the fair credit reporting act) I found this to be odd seeing as I haven't disputed this collection with EX yet. Anyone have some ideas on what might be going on here? I've heard that they sometimes share information so does it appear to be occurring here? and if so why didn't they just delete it as well? Thanks

Message Edited by mainemedic on 05-12-2008 11:11 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian updating from TransUnion dispute?

mainemedic wrote:
About a month a go I disputed a collection from AFNI on my TU CR a few weeks later when the investigation was completed the collection had been deleted. Shortly thereafter I ordered my EX CR to dispute some items and I noticed that AFNI was on this CR as well but in the comments it says Account information disputed by consumer. (Meets requirement of the fair credit reporting act) I found this to be odd seeing as I haven't disputed this collection with EX yet. Anyone have some ideas on what might be going on here? I've heard that they sometimes share information so does it appear to be occurring here? Thanks

Message Edited by mainemedic on 05-12-2008 11:10 PM

Did you DV AFNI? or PFD them? Communicate to them in anyway that the account was disputed? It is possible that they reported the account was disputed.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian updating from TransUnion dispute?

No DV or any PFD letter. I decided to dispute with the CRAs first and then if need be I'd send a DV
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.