Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian

Experian is holding on to 2 accounts that are supposed to be deleted. The first one is an account that was with Sun loans with 3 late pays. Sun loans submitted their delete request twice in February. It immediately came off equifax and transunion but experian isn't budging. I submitted a request as well explaining that Sun loans had requested removal twice but experian merely updated it. The second is a collection agency that agreed to delete. Same thing..it immediately came off the other 2 but experian has not removed it. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how do you fix it?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian

Mods please move to rebuilding as I obviously put this thread in the wrong forum...gah
Message 2 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Experian is holding on to 2 accounts that are supposed to be deleted. The first one is an account that was with Sun loans with 3 late pays. Sun loans submitted their delete request twice in February. It immediately came off equifax and transunion but experian isn't budging. I submitted a request as well explaining that Sun loans had requested removal twice but experian merely updated it. The second is a collection agency that agreed to delete. Same thing..it immediately came off the other 2 but experian has not removed it. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how do you fix it?

If you have proof they submitted their delete requests to EX then send EX an ITS (Intend to sue) letter demanding their immediate removal. EX is a bear when it comes to this stuff, their CRA manual says a CA should not delete a paid collection and this is why one would never send a PFD agreement letter as proof to a CRA but in this case you have already given them the information and its clear they are making their own call and ignoring what their customer (the CA) is trying to accomplish and they have no right to do that. Your other option is to file a complaint on EX with the CFPB   http://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes i have the same problem with a collection off on the other two but not experian !!

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gdale I didn't submit any paperwork to them at all. I have called the lady at sun loans several times and she said she doesn't know what else to do that she already submitted request for delete. I don't have any proof other than her name and phone number. This is an OC not CA. Now on the second one not coming off it is a collection agency totally unrelated to the above account. I did get a paper from them but as I said I haven't submitted any of it to experian and I haven't spoken to experian about the CA needing to be removed. I have watched all my other 14 bad accounts come right off so I don't know what is different about these 2 that they aren't budging for.
Message 5 of 10
Momof5
Frequent Contributor

Ask the person at the creditor's office to send you a copy of the UDF.  Forward THAT to Experian.

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: EQ:703 TU: 729 EX:737
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sun loan agreed to remove as a goodwill gesture over the phone. That was back in the beginning of February and 2 days later equifax and transunion deleted. I called experian and they claim they have received no correspondence from Sun loan. The lady at Sun loan is getting frustrated as she has sent the request now 3 times. She told me that she couldn't provide me with a delete request copy. She also told me there was nothing else she could do, and I guess my hands are tied too because I have no proof to send experian. I don't want to keep calling Sun loans because they didn't have to agree to delete. .it was a goodwill gesture.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you had any luck with this?  I have the same issue with EX removing a charge off account. EQ/TU immediately deleted but EX didnt. i sent them a copy of the letter that shows they will delete. They put it through the dispute process. 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you have any luck on this dispute? Same situation with me. Transunion and Equifax deleted, but experian just changed the status of account to "paid, was a charge-off"

Message 9 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Then the issue is apparently not one of the CRA refusing to delete for cause, meaning they have determined that the proposed deletion violates some credit reporting provision.  It appears that the CRA is asserting only that they have not received a proposed update from the furnisher.

A consumer can dispute the accuracy or completeness of any information of record in their file.

I would dispute on the basis that the CRA file is incomplete, lacking information asserted by the furnisher to have been submitted on multiple occuasions.

That woud require, as a reasonable investigation by the CRA, that they either scour their offices to attempt to locate the lost updates or contact the furnisher to obtain the missing reporting, and respond within 30'ish days.

If the CRA then fails to correct, you have provided the ability to either file a complaint with the CFPB or bring civil action for lack of reasonable investigation.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.