cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experience jumped 59 points with an inquiry?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experience jumped 59 points with an inquiry?

Hi all

Just logged in this morning to see my Ex score jumped 59 points after my 3/31 application to Cap 1 for their secured card. I thought scores go down with a HP

Background on me:

3/24/16 scores
Eq 521, TU 530, Eq 523

10 collections total. 2 paid
1 charge off due to fall off in April
2 car loans past due 30 days
3 student loans. All 120+
2 credit cards both current. Fingerhut and First Premier bank

In the last week I've paid off 2 collections to OC and I wrote a GW letter to one of the CAs I paid last year. I also brought both cars current.

I don't believe the payment status of the two car loans has hit yet. Is it possible the old CO fell off and that's the reason for the jump? Or does my fico email you to tell you when a baddie falls off?

I'm a little skeptical as the email was dated 4/1. I gotta big to be looking for a new apt very soon so I'm over the moon to see this. Also hoping this is my last year of renting
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experience jumped 59 points with an inquiry?

Does your report show a collection acct has fallen off? It sounds like that's what happened.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just ran my 3 reports on 3/24. I don't think I can rerun them can I? How else could I tell?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

With MyFico you can purchase every 24 hours. Another option would be to go to your most recent report and click on the option to dispute errors. I recently did this with Transunion, not sure if it works with all 3 but it will pull a updated report for you to check for errors. Check the negative/adverse accounts section to see if the collections acct is still there.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

This happened to me... I have CCT, so I knew ahead of time that my EX score had gone up, but MyFico hadn't updated. Finally this morning I had an inquiry hit EX which triggered MyFico to update, so it looked like my score had gone up due to an inquiry, but really it was because a new credit card had reported like a week ago, but EX just hadn't updated since then.
Something probably changed and EX just never updated til the inquiry hit your report.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's weird though because I got an alert from EX for an inquiry too and thought it would update showing the removal of 2 COs, a collection and a credit card balance update and it didn't. I mean my score went up 3 pts, I just thought maybe it would go up more with the removal of that old stuff since EX hadn't updated since I signed back up for MyFico on 3/15.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What does CCT stand for? It's not in the list of abbreviations so please pardon my "newbie" question 😉
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oops, sorry! Credit Check Total. It's gives you real fico scores too, but I think it's owned by Experian, cause you can get a new EX score/report every day if you want.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally figured it out. It was a collection item that was removed but not the ones I was expecting. On 3/24 I had 5 collection items on my Ex report. Two were medical bills which I just paid the OC, 1 was a medical collection that was paid in late 2014 but I've sent a GW letter, a returned check to Peapidcand an outstanding bill from Comcast. It was the Comcast bill that fell off. I recently got internet service from them and was contacted by their in house collection dept to pay this old balance. I have been trying to get back in touch with the woman that called me but still haven't paid it off. It was retracted from the CA and this was the change I saw. I'm excited to see what happens when the others fall off. I'm not expecting such s significant change but I'll take anything at this point
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.