cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explanation to FAKO score discrepancies!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Explanation to FAKO score discrepancies!

So I did a pull with scores from both TU and EX.

The EX 3 in 1 pull showed my score for TU:574

When I pulled my TU single score directly from TU website it shows TU score is 663.  Why do they differ so greatly? makes no sence to me!!! 

Should I just go to a mortgage lender and have them run it to get the True FICO. I am trying to prepare for a home purchase and really need to know where my score stands. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Familywantsahouse
Frequent Contributor

Re: Explanation to FAKO score discrepancies!

The TU is a FAKO. It's been anywhere from 50 to 100 points higher than my actual TU FICO.

2/24 (Lender Pull) EQ 613, TU 553, EX 589
April EQ 633, My Fico TU 638, EX ??
Current EQ 643, TU 652, EX 633 (lender pull 5/11)
Goal (we made it!!)- Over 640 middle by 5/15
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

So how did you determine your true FICO TU score.

Please correct me if Im wrong but, It is my understanding that all scores pulled from the big 3 are FAKO scores. According to other forms I have read the only true way to get a FICO is to go through a lender or mortgage company!

Message 3 of 6
GregB
Valued Contributor

The only value of those reports is the information. The scores should be ignored as they are misleading.

Message 4 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Please correct me if Im wrong but, It is my understanding that all scores pulled from the big 3 are FAKO scores. According to other forms I have read the only true way to get a FICO is to go through a lender or mortgage company!

You can get your TU FICO from your lender, myFICO.com, or Wal-Mart.com if you happen to have a CC with them. The TU FICO from myFICO is an older version of TU FICO called TU98. Some lenders use this, but most do not. The TU FICO from Wal-Mart is the newest TU FICO out there (called TU08), but hardly any lenders use it. The most commonly used TU FICO is TU04 and you can't get it without the help of a lender. The EQ FICO on here is used my almost all mortgage lenders.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@llecs wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You can get your TU FICO from your lender, myFICO.com, or Wal-Mart.com if you happen to have a CC with them. The TU FICO from myFICO is an older version of TU FICO called TU98. Some lenders use this, but most do not. The TU FICO from Wal-Mart is the newest TU FICO out there (called TU08), but hardly any lenders use it. The most commonly used TU FICO is TU04 and you can't get it without the help of a lender. The EQ FICO on here is used my almost all mortgage lenders.

As always you are a great help llecs, Thank you for taking the time to comment on my question! I have learned a great deal already in such a short amount of time. Today I had a win with a GW letter to chase which resulted in them removing the bad mark from my credit reports.

These forms are awesome because of people like you!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.