Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAKO FAKO FAKO !!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FAKO FAKO FAKO !!!

Joined the forums yesterday & decided it is time for me to see my REAL scores.

.... I've been using CK (Credit Karma) as a free tool to monitor my progress as I rebuild. 

On CK I started at a 474 TU & today it updated at 574 TU. This is my progress since Oct '15

Since I joined the forum, I chose to buy my real scores. NONE of my scores are above 537 !!!

I feel like a major set back. I've got to stay focused. I thought I was soooo finally close to 600 land & it really was just smoke in mirrors. Huhhhh

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Re: FAKO FAKO FAKO !!!

Did you buy scores from Credit Check Total trial membership?

What are your baddies?

Do you have any open credit cards?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AutoBot wrote:

Did you buy scores from Credit Check Total trial membership?

What are your baddies?

Do you have any open credit cards?

I have a private student loan in collections for a little over $4,500

I have a paid medical collection for $103.60

I have a collection being disputed for $264 because it isn't mine.

I have a charge-off from Discover totaling a little over $6,300 (Just PIF)

Discover was my only "real" credit card.

I have an installment from Fingerhut. I'm in the Freshstart program soon to graduate.

Trying to get approved for an unsecured line from Cap1, but since I was approved for unsecured I am considering putting down the $99 deposit for a $200 line. Should I get the secured card? .... I never heard of credit check total, but I will go to check them out now.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on getting started and welcome to the forum.

A bit of standard advice:  get three cards - secured and credit union work best with your current scores. Do not go crazy looking for new credit. It will take time but you can rebuild and soon have scores with a 6 or 7 in front of them. Do not be discouraged by the low starting limits, with the right care, they will grow quick.

Read up on how to do pay for delete and good will letters. If the collection is not yours and you are not getting anywhere with the CA try the CFPB and BBB. It is always good to pay for debt you created but there are ways to remove from the CBs. Take your time, credit is a marathon. It will not change overnight and will require knowledge and determination but in the end will be well worth it.  

Good Luck!

Message 4 of 5
egaithe
Regular Contributor

Great advice!

EQ-660, TU-687, EX-646
Goal: 750s in all
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.