Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAKO Score DROPPED 47 POINTS!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FAKO Score DROPPED 47 POINTS!

Alright y'all, I need some of your knowledge...

I signed up for Collection Shield 360 a couple/few months ago. I had three collection accounts. The first one they challenged has been deleted (saw no score boost as a result Smiley Sad ). The other two are still pending on their site, and are still reporting normally on my reports...until today, that is. I got a notification from Credit Karma that there were changes, so I just logged on to take a look.

What did I find, you ask? That my TU FAKO dropped 47 points!!! The only change being that one of the remaining collections now has remarks that says 'Account information disputed by consumer, meets FCRA requirements'. Does that mean that TU decided that the collection is valid? Why the heck would that drop my score? What in the world is going on?!!

Most importantly, will it similarly drop my FICO? My score hasn't changed yet, according to MyFico, but I've found that MyFICO tends to be a few days behind Credit Karma when updating information. 

Have I stepped on my own... by signing up,with Collection Shield? Any info/advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

10 REPLIES 10
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: FAKO Score DROPPED 47 POINTS!

Don't freak out. Vantage scores are very volatile and just because your Vantage score went down doesn't mean your Fico score will.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, rmduhon. It does have me a little worried. I've been a CK member for quite a while, and I've never seen my score move (up or down) that much at one time. That's what has me so concerned: logically, it seems that a huge drop like that in a fake score would equal at least some drop in my FICO score. I hope not, though.

Message 3 of 11
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Vantage and Fico use different formulas so you can't compare them. Things that raise your Fico scores can drop you Vantage scores and vice versa.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still no drop in FICO. Hopefully it stays that way. Still not sure why there was no change with the deletion of a collection, though.

Message 5 of 11
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Your score didn't change because you still have baddies on your reports.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting. So, one collection or ten collections equals the same point deduction? That seems like an inequitable way for them to calculate it.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think there's a reason to put ANY stock at all into a VantageScore.

I've never heard of a single lender that uses them whatsoever, and they're super volatile and can bounce around in double digit fluctations from seemingly nothing, whereas with the same report a FICO score would have not changed even a single point.

There's no reason to freak out or even care. Nobody uses them to lend money, just keep an eye on your FICO scores if your intention is getting money lended.

Message 8 of 11
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

I've heard (don't know if it true) that apartments use Vantage as part of the application proccess.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for an AMEX card and got it and my Credit Sesame score dropped 30 points for the inquiry but Credit Karma it dropped just three. Then a couple days later my Sesame score went back up to where it was for no reason. Those FAKO scores are an odd thing. I don't pay much attention to them anymore.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.